Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see anything like this posted anywhere else so I thought I'd share this with you guys. Just a clean way to plug the mounting holes left after removing your passenger pegs:

They're those plastic variable-depth push pins used to secure car headliners and other plastic trim. They fit flush against the frame and stay put. I found these at Lowe's for about a buck fifty for four of 'em. They're available in different sizes and head types and Lowe's even has a grayish-silver color for those with silver frames. Better looking than bolts or leaving them open, IMHO.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by mr.q<br>nice! :)

but I don't have a black frame [B)]
Like I mentioned, I did see them in a sort of grayish-silver color locally. I would imagine any auto trim shop or supplier would have them in a similar color. [8D]

·
Registered
277 Posts
Stick 'em in some cardboard and paint the things then.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
That's a damn good idea, But the holes really aren't that noticable. But I might do it next time I pass Lowes or Autozone.

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Nice find. I was wondering what I should do with my holes once I took the pegs off.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Originally posted by Monolith
Didn't see anything like this posted anywhere else so I thought I'd share this with you guys. Just a clean way to plug the mounting holes left after removing your passenger pegs:

They're those plastic variable-depth push pins used to secure car headliners and other plastic trim. They fit flush against the frame and stay put. I found these at Lowe's for about a buck fifty for four of 'em. They're available in different sizes and head types and Lowe's even has a grayish-silver color for those with silver frames. Better looking than bolts or leaving them open, IMHO.
Good minds think alike. These are the same pins that I used on mine. I also use them to fill in the holes for the front plate on all of my cars. I just paint them to match.[:M86]

·
Registered
168 Posts
Man nice thinking. Took me a little while to find them at Lowe's, because the employee that helped me was new and had only been there one day. The blind leading the blind! We found them though, and they look great.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just took off the bracket. now clean look. Just take off rear tail section and remove two allens that hold the bracket in. No more bracket!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts