Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok somewhat unrelated to the typical motorcycle talk, but I've been seeing a lot of pocket bike videos showing up on the net and they look really fun. some of the fun of a real bike without the expensive cost of track days or risk of damaging a real bike.

Can anyone point me to a site where i can learn more about pocketbikes? searched google but didn't really find anything other than stores. and does any one know if there are any pocket bike tracks in so cal?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
what sort of pocket bikes are you talking about? the track ones? pit bikes? they're both pretty pricey!

check out 50stunt.com and fiddylife.com to get an idea about what they're all about....those are pretty much stunt 50's, you would hafta search elsewhere for the track ones

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I'm pretty sure they aren't anything serious enough to actually have a following to build tracks for them. I've seen people in parking lots with cones though, which works just fine. Rash hurts just as much though, I know.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
my friend ahs one, and it hauls ass. not sure how big the engine is, but it goes pretty damn fast...

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Originally posted by tdahle
I'm pretty sure they aren't anything serious enough to actually have a following to build tracks for them. I've seen people in parking lots with cones though, which works just fine. Rash hurts just as much though, I know.
i dont feel like looking right now, but i do know that they do have races for them. they may not build tracks just for them but they do race on some tracks that are already made.

·
Registered
443 Posts
im curious about this too. i would consider picking up a REAL small bike. not those generic ones made in china.

although the new kawi 250 single thats supposed to come out would be a lot of fun too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
they race on go-cart tracks. Up in Stocktin they have track days and some of those things haul ass. Polini or blata make them. but your looking at about $2500 or more. You should check out some go-cart tracks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm more interested in just general knowledge about pocket bikes. what makes certain one worth a couple thousand while others are just a few hundred. this is one that i found that seems to be okay and not too expensive. http://www.x18pocketbikes.com/x18/ but i was wondering how this compares to the $200 ones and also the high end ones. i wouldn't want to pay more than $500 for one of these though. i have a real bike, this would really be just a toy for parking lot fun and maybe taking it to a go cart track.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.