Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need to vent cause I'm just so pissed off so if reading just aint your thing...cool. So me and my friend we go out today to help me get some supplies for the bike. And we're knocking things off the list and I wanted to go to x dealership to spend my 100 dollar store credit. And because currently I only own a icon hooligan ux, which is disappoints in many different ways, so I was hoping to get a new jacket or something. I find a red aplinestars stage perforated leather jacket and amazing enough it fit and it also matched my bike (red). The jacket msrp for 400 clearance for 250 so wow right? Knock off 100 and I'll pay 150. But no the receipt says $100 store credit on regular price items. I talk to the manager and he says he can only raise the price to 299 in order for me to use the store credit. Add tax it'll come out to like 350 so wtf? So back when I first got my bike I went there and I asked for a standard lojack. My friend picks up my bike for me cause he had to drop off his so I'd let him ride my bike back and save us both the trouble. It turns out they installed the special lojack and my friend paid 100 more. A fault on his part cause he has lojack and he knows they don't give you that gay ass key chain and a book worth of info about it. So I ended up getting store credit cause they cant refund my money. No problem right? That's what I thought. $100 store credit on merchandise of service with no expiration. So I could just buy somethign I want and wait until later on for something else. WRONG. Cause assholes don't keep tabs on my store credit when I use it I have to use it all. So I cant even just use it on like inspection until I run out. It's my freaking money. I asked for something to be done and someone dropped the ball and I lost $100 cause of them. Then I was refunded store credit which is my money and now I cant even spend my own money. This is bullshit and unethical. I don't want to say the dealership name cause idk don't want to start a whole w.e. Even after venting I don't feel any better. This is totally gay. Thanks for reading though.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Wtf? He had the regular lojack and knowing how much his was, he still ended up paying an additional $100 on your behalf? Why didn't he ask what the extra $100 was for or why didn't he question the special lojack keyfob!?

That's ignorant but you know what? If you want shit done right, you have to do it yourself.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wtf? He had the regular lojack and knowing how much his was, he still ended up paying an additional $100 on your behalf? Why didn't he ask what the extra $100 was for or why didn't he question the special lojack keyfob!?

That's ignorant but you know what? If you want shit done right, you have to do it yourself.
He had to drop off his bike at the dealership. So we wanted to knock off two birds with one stone he'd get a ride home and I'd get my bike. He comes home and hands me a giant booklet and keychain and says heres your special lojack like everything was fine and dandy. When clearly we asked the service guy whats the difference and my friend asked me you really want lojack calling you every time your bike is moved? And I said hell no and he agreed. Ugh!

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
I like Kelly's Kawasaki out here, never had any issues with them at all. The Kawi Superstores which all went out of business recently were terrible. Sorry man, been there, done that and it does suck. I order shit online now and wrench myself. That way I know it's done right. Newenough.com for gear and a host of sites for parts. Thanks to all of the awesome folks here who helped me get my wrench on!

·
Registered
203 Posts
You would think a dealership would keep tabs on who they give store credit to.

Gay.

·
Banned
1,899 Posts
That's why I tell them to suck my balls. I take the bike to one of the independent single man run business motorcycle shop. (MUCH CHEAPER THAN DEALERSHIPS!) When there are certain stuff I'm not yet fully comprehend with..Such as carbs and forks/suspensions. But the rest of it, I just order and wrench it myself like Slob said.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Once again, another horror story about a dealership and I have no clue what thats like.

Every dealer in a 50 mile radius of me has given me excellent service. The kawi dealer up here hires people "like us". They're giving me 10% off everything, lifetime, since I bought a couple bikes from them (used and new). 10% off of buying oil, filters, stickers, gear, gaskets, whatever... adds up over the years. Glad they're my dealer.

In fact, thats probably why during the middle of spring I can barely walk into their store because theres so many people trying to get their service or buy bikes.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
The main problem is that only people who are certified to install Lojack can install Lojack, as much as we'd all like to work on our own bikes, that's one item we can't put in ourselves.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts