Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I usually post bike related stuff in the Er6/650r forum but I thought it would be better to share my videos here.

I am writing poetry and playing a little guitar so a couple of years ago I decided to combine the two. My poetry books contain poems writen both in Greek and English so I decided to post them here, to an English speaking "audience" :redface:

So here's my latest recording of my poem "Searchlight" from my third book, which is inspired by the famous poem "The windows" (no 7 or XP :D) by Constantine Cavafy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78yKjhVJTuk&list=UU1VF9uCAuV8jw3GpNNX1ksg

"Dreary Lands" from my second book:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LfRKyHZmmY&list=UU1VF9uCAuV8jw3GpNNX1ksg

And "Las Encantadas" from my first book:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRmr6uS8ndU

Finally, a poem about Vincent Van Gogh called "Starry night":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFWTVbn2orA

It's writen in Greek but you will enjoy the beautiful animation of Van Gogh's Starry night painting for sure.

Nothing fancy, just a guitar and beautiful voice :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Usually I don't like stuff like this too much, but I like your music stuff. Pretty soothing. I'm a little confused, is that you singing as well as playing?

Reactions: GR rider

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Usually I don't like stuff like this too much, but I like your music stuff. Pretty soothing. I'm a little confused, is that you singing as well as playing?

Thanks, I am glad that you liked the songs!

If you click on the description you will see all the people involved.

I write the lyrics and the music but I am not much of a guitarist or a singer.

Kortessa is a soprano and a professional guitarist and she sings while playing the guitar.

When more instruments are involved Fotis takes care of the arrangement / programming and Thanasis finishes the job with the final studio mastering :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So after two years of hard work, my fourth book is finally published!

http://s945.photobucket.com/user/tsibiskakis/media/exofyllo3ThirathenTsibiskakis3small_zps3cd2b3c0.jpg.html

This time I 've included a poem about the motorcycle and the joy that it brings to our souls :)

So here it is along with the print that accompanies it in the book, dedicated to all kawiforum riders:

Vanishing point

The road called me.
The road found me.
The road always had me.

Winding, long, dotted with lines and signs
in foreign tongues.

Curling and flowing like a new emotion.

Like the wind on my chest.

Every time.

Between exhaust note and intake howl, the sound
of cooling metal is the sound of contentment.

The swim of motion is our goal.

And the point where the pathways of our soul
and the road converge, our destination.

I am also preparing a CD release with 12 of my poems turned into songs and I will post a couple of them on YouTube and here of course ;)

Cheers!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I watched this movie last night about a poetry major that has trouble finding a job and works at a sex shop as a last resort- It had several funny lines and I think it is good but not great:
-
-
Adult World - Rotten Tomatoes
-
-

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I watched this movie last night about a poetry major that has trouble finding a job and works at a sex shop as a last resort- It had several funny lines and I think it is good but not great:
-
-
Adult World - Rotten Tomatoes
-
-
Fortunately (or unfortunately :D ?) I don't work at a sex shop as I am blessed enough to see my work published without me paying a penny + I am donating all the money from the book sales to charity.

Did you like / identify with the meaning of the poem in any way as a fellow rider?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have trouble with enjoying any poetry- I prefer motorcycle magazine articles, or Hunter S. Thompson before too many drugs fried his brain:
-
-
Hunter S. Thompson And The Song Of The Sausage CreatureÂ*|Â*Hooniverse
-
-
Well, this is a common occurrence but I am happy to admit that I 've managed to "convert" quite a few of my friends over the years :)

I first read the above extract loosely translated in Greek in a motorcycle magazine and it's still the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Hunter S. Thompson :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So after two years of hard work here's my new poetry book:

More than one hundred poems published now and almost half of them in English. Remember to give poetry a chance in your life and you will find more than you've expected!

Two of my poems for you, cheers :smile2:

Jack knife

Years have passed since I switched opened your blade.

It was my decision to do so, I did it for me.

Covered in rust and colour fading, but still true to your cause.

It is eternal this thirst of steel for blood.

I have to clutch you in my fist in order to close you.

I have to bleed.

Returning the pieces of silver

And now you know the difference

between a coin and a useless piece of metal

between payment and reward

between nomination and treason

and, most crucially,

the difference between

contrition and Redemption.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow amazing stuff. I am also trying to write now a days. Hope I can do this. All the best!
Thank you my friend, I am really glad that you like my work.

If you think about writing just follow your heart and do it, it's not easy but it totally deserves the time and the effort as is the case for everything that comes from the heart!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you my friend, I am really glad that you like my work.

If you think about writing just follow your heart and do it, it's not easy but it totally deserves the time and the effort as is the case for everything that comes from the heart!
Thank you too! But let me know one thing is their any special tips for writing on any topics. I have seen many guys are saying that there are some tips behind. Is this right?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you too! But let me know one thing is their any special tips for writing on any topics. I have seen many guys are saying that there are some tips behind. Is this right?
My opinion is that there is no way to teach some things. It is about creating beauty out of words and creative writing classes for instance, can only work as a rough guide to what you really want to achieve.

When it comes to poetry, the hardest part is differentiated thinking. You see a small book with 20 poems but every poem is an individual concept unlike a novel for instance, which has one theme and the writer must elaborate on it.

Here is a poem from my fourth book about poetry writing, in a nutshell:

Not quite what one would choose

I can promise you a lot of reading, listening and thinking.

Sympathy, empathy and sleepless nights.

A bit of chortling and a bit of a scoff.

And I wish I could say, a heightened sense of awareness,
without evoking some of the above.

So Poetry is not what one would choose when given the choice.

Thank God…

·
Registered
10 Posts
My opinion is that there is no way to teach some things. It is about creating beauty out of words and creative writing classes for instance, can only work as a rough guide to what you really want to achieve.

When it comes to poetry, the hardest part is differentiated thinking. You see a small book with 20 poems but every poem is an individual concept unlike a novel for instance, which has one theme and the writer must elaborate on it.

Here is a poem from my fourth book about poetry writing, in a nutshell:

Not quite what one would choose

I can promise you a lot of reading, listening and thinking.

Sympathy, empathy and sleepless nights.

A bit of chortling and a bit of a scoff.

And I wish I could say, a heightened sense of awareness,
without evoking some of the above.

So Poetry is not what one would choose when given the choice.

Thank God…
Oh, okey! Thank you so much for sharing tips.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts