Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Powerhungry
37,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so today me and a buddy went on a poker run. never done it before and figured that it might be fun. was supposed to be about 150 mile round trip. well the cut-over pass isnt open yet (too much snow) so the new plan was to run up to Whistlin jack's lodge(hwy 410)about 30 miles, then backtrack. then up to packwood(hwy 12) about 60 miles. then again backtrack.

well i for one hate to run back the same way. and to be doing it twice, well i sorta changed our route. started in naches washington. went up hwy 12 to packwood. got our first card of our hand. and intead of coming back ran up to hwy 7 at a little town MORTON, just pass the turn to St.Helens

Morton is about 30 miles past packwood. followed 7 up to just almost tacoma. (not sure how far that was) than stopped in bonnie lake for lunch. took hwy 512 to connect back to 410. ran 410 until we came to Whistlin jack's. got there about 15 minutes after the rest of the group. total did about 300 miles. about 100 more than the rest of the group. ahh but a whole hell of a lot more fun.

those poor harley guys, cant run for more than 35 miles. before they have to stop and TALK about riding a harley. no offense to anyone with a harley. but damn 100+ miles and we were there just slightly later than they were. and we hit major traffic outside tacoma.
but if uve never participated in an organized poker run, i suggest trying it.it would have been nice to have some more sport bikes. we were the only two. and my BRIGHT green stuck out like a sore thumb. haha. had alot of fun and met some cool ppl though.

oh yeh and DAMN before anyone throws it up. I FORGOT MY CAMERA so sorry no pics...

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Been on a few poker runs myself, so did you win anything?
But everytime i end up doing one i am with fellow sportbike guys, and we always seem to get there sooner and leave later, then most.
Also adding some roads in between as you did, The northwest is truly a great place for some riding i must say.
To bad i being stationed in the Northeast (west Point, NY)

·
Registered
950 Posts
We started doing poker runs last year. Started off with 2 sportbikes, and through the summer we grew our group just by parking beside any new plastic. It's kinda a small area, so us sport riders have to stick together. Our group is up to 13 bikes, not a bad showing considering the runs might only have 100-150 bikes total.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Did a poker run in Asheville NC a few years back. Was lots of fun. About 50/50 sportbike cuisers.

trig: poker runs usually are to rais money for charity. You have 5 places you need to stop and pick up a plaing card. At the end of the run, whoever has the best hand wins.

Funny, there was a pack of squid kids, no gear, GF on back. The run was through some great twisties. They were one of the last ones to arrive. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.