Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I need some opinions. I have an 08 green 250. The rims are all black and I was wondering...do I go with polishing the lip of my bike...or do I go with some simple green reflective rim tape. I understand the polishing will be a hell of a lot more work to do but for some reason I just have this feeling that during the course of riding the tape can get pretty F'd up. Ive seen pics of both done on the various forums here...just wanna get some peoples opinion

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Tape. If you don't like it you can take it off, can't really undo the polishing with out repainting the rim.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Polished is deff more unique but also more time consuming and one you start you have to finish or it looks like shit.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
i like the tape idea, myself. if you're doing some trial and error, do the tape first, it's easier to reverse...

s3aturnr

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it seems the overwhelming majority likes the tape idea over polishing. I think ill give it a go and see how I feel about it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
tape

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
I'd say tape. Easy to go back to stock. Problem with polished lips is the maintainence. Unless you can afford to have the wheel clear anodized after the polish you are going to spend a lot of time keeping them shiny.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I would definitely go with wheel tape on your bike. My brother had some on his 2007 ZX-6R. It looked great and seemed to hold up pretty well. If for some reason it does start to look bad somewhere along the line, than just take it off and put new wheel tape on.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I polished the rims on one of my bikes and the other i taped, it didn't take long before i got tired of trying to keep the polished rims polished and repainted them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts