Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I got bored and decided to polish them does anyone have any idea how hard it would be to polish the whole rear sets?

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'd imagine it would be pretty difficult to do a good job polishing the whole rearset because of all the crevices and shit. It's a lot easier to polish flatter surfaces...

·
Registered
136 Posts
What did you use to polish it? I bought some polish from a car show and it didn't polish anything but the damn alumnimum cans they were using to demonstrate. What polish and what tools did you use?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you have to smooth it down with medium grit sandpaper then when all the paint is off you wet sand the scratches out with fine then superfine sandpaper then you just use a buffer(which I did) or just hand polish

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks I'm going to try it. I bet it's because I didn't realize there was a coat on it in the first place LOL

·
Registered
141 Posts
What are the rear sets made of? I once made the awful mistake of polishing the frame on my YZF-600 only to find out the frame was steel. After I got stuck in a rain storm and noticied the frame was rusting I repainted the frame with spray on bedliner (Which looked absolutely pefect beautiful)

SOooo that's what I don't want to happen to the rear sets...

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by bazdrum
What are the rear sets made of? I once made the awful mistake of polishing the frame on my YZF-600 only to find out the frame was steel. After I got stuck in a rain storm and noticied the frame was rusting I repainted the frame with spray on bedliner (Which looked absolutely pefect beautiful)

SOooo that's what I don't want to happen to the rear sets...
the rear sets are all aluminum!!

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Looks pretty good. But that was time spent that you could have been riding, right??

--David

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
its a PITA because of the little parts, i've done it on my ninja and duc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.