Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to do it off the bike but couldnt get it off cuz of the coil mounted to it. so i did it on the bike.. im aware that the cases as well as the sproket cover will oxidize really quick compared to the frame... but when there shined up they look nice. i need to touch up a few areas and inside the fins still. ashame when i put fairing back on u wont see most of it

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i also mentioned before after i took the cover off then put it back on the gear shaft fell out part number 13107 on the starter. so im assuming the gears werent engaging and it was binded up. cuz all it did was click. so im getting new part and gasket tommrow and hopefully be able to ride

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
If it is just clicking when you try to start it the battery is probably dead. The shaft and gear to the starter will come off when you pull the stator cover off, nothing wrong there.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mean. well when the shaft fell off... it was wedged inbetween the case and gear and was binded up. wasnt spinning and the shaft got bent so i cant even slide it back into the gear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.