Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It took me about 6 or 7 hours to do. I taped everything off and used aircraft paint remover from advanced autoparts with 0000 steel wool. I left the tires on my bike and did one side of the wheel at a time. It was suprisingly easy and coast me 20 bucks

·
Registered
401 Posts
where and what windscreen is that & how did you get the kaw logo on it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is the stock wind screen. It is spraypainted on the inside with gloss black. several thin coats. then once it dried i put a few thin coats of flat black to kill any glare it would have. coast me 4 dollars and looks damn good.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
http://www.cbrclub.co.uk/articles/rimpolish/rimpolish.htm

I used masking tape and aircraft paint stripper. It did not eat the tape away . here is the sight i got my info from. If you are a little worried about the tire dont be. just kkep some water handy and run it over the edge of the tires to dilute it if you get some on there and it will be all good.my roomate did his yamaha yzf at the same time i did mine. I have put 2200 miles on mine since then with no problems and speeds up to 140. this is the site i used. He tells you to use alot of stuff you dont need. I only used stripper and 0000 steel wool the mothers aluimn polish to make it shine like chrome. If you are woried about making the line in the center of the rim nice and straight dont be. you can tape it off perfectly and it is powder coates so it wont come off easily so its easy. hope this helps if you got anymore questions give me a shout

·
Registered
52 Posts
i did it. goddamb it took my 3 days but it looks hot, been getting a lot of feedback. the only thing is that they are a pain to keep clean. do ur rims loose some of there luster after a hard day of riding?

i've been putting some mothers on them about every other day i ride. i love em, i even used a paint scrapper with 0000 steel wool for the outer rim where the rim and the tire meet, it really got all the paint off that hard the reach ridge. u can take a look at my bike in the northeastern forum in the pa,nj, ny ride new hope pics(blue 636)

·
Registered
52 Posts
i think it took me so long because of the cold weather about 50 degrees everynight. i was messed up from the aircraft remover for about a week. Hahaha i felt like i sniffed 100 markers. guess i should have kept the garage door open. oooops.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im glad it all worked out for you. The cold must have slowed the process down when i did mine it was about 90 degrees outside. The end result was it was worth it. huh

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Those wheels look awesome. I only wish the bikes would come with matching wheels because red in the center of them would look really cool.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don`t have to clean them all that often, so screw what people say about hard to keep clean they are just lazy. I got chrome wheels on my car and i clean them more than my bikes wheels. `````Here is a tip you all should know`````` Chain Lube from ``bel ray``. It does not sling off the chain its white and it sticks to the chain so good that i removed my ugly chain guard price 8.95 from the dealer. you all know the grease from the dealer slings all over the place espically when they service. use this stuff and your wheels will stay good and claan as well as your bike I guarntee it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.