Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about polishing the rims on my 03 ZX-636 this winter. Does anyone have pics of this completed project, preferably on a silver bike? I believe the general feel is that this project isn't that hard to do? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey Matt,

Well it`s not silver but i hope this helps...
/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7856

And by the way did you ever check out the nbriders website?? you should check it out if not! lots of local stuff!

Anyway hope that helps and hopefully see you around the roads sometime!
You heading up to Shubie??

www.nbriders.ca

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Migpig,
Thanks alot, appreciate it! I'm on nbriders.ca (username: ninjarider)almost as much as on this site. Shubie, not sure yet. I think a few riding buddies are planning on going so I may join.

Be in touch if you're ever riding through Moncton.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Will do...hopefully be going up in the next week cause i`m off for about 2 weeks..up untill shubie anyway...you should come man it`s going to be huge!!!

Anyway i`ll pm you on nbriders if i go up and we`ll meet up if your not working, busy or whatever

Later

·
Registered
345 Posts
matt you can get your rims chromed fairly cheap these days you might consider that. polishing sucks especially rims and you also have to keep them polished. there are alot of people that have exchange deals on wheels and you can be riding on your chrome rims tonight if you like. just something to think about. steve.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Shubie is def a blast, but I can't make it this year :( But I'll be there 2 weeks later on track, can't wait! I haven't been on RVR for a while, guess I better check in and see what's up. Later lads.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Now that's the kind of polishing i'm talking about..kameleon426 do you have a full bike pic? zbaron do you have a pic not in the shade?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mattdoiron, I am headed up to Moncton next weekend (8 to the 10) to visit my girlfriend’s parents. So if you see a pewter ZR2 blazer cruising around give a wave. We go up once a month or so, I hope to bring my bike sometime, are there any laws for bikes in Canada that I should know about?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Originally posted by kameleon426

You know, from this angle it looks like you have the wheelchair symbol on your windshield.
I wonder where one would put their handicapped permit on a motorcycle? Hang it from the handlebars maybe!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Anyone have the problem of the paint stripper bleeding through the masking tape? When I do my wheels, I surley want to avoid this...

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
try using the paint striper that has to be brushed on. also take off the wheels so that you wont get any extra in the center. a soon as i get my rdlinetands im polishing the outer rim only.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
also, im a painter and my experience with using diffrent types of tape is extensive. regular masking tape(the white one) is no good for making straight lines. get the blue one from 3M. as far as it eating through the tape all depends on what striper you get(aircraft, automotive, or paint stripper.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.