Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been polishing aluminum for some time now and it has always turned out great. I can always see myself like a mirror in it. But I have having trouble with my top triple clamp. I cant get it to be mirror-like at all. It is shiny but not mirror. I have been using the craftsman polishing bricks, and they always have worked well, but not on this part. Anyone have any suggestions on polishing this part?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i wanted to polish that too but i couldnt get it off my fuckn bike. if its the same type of metal as everything else, i dont see how the results cant compare. maybe cuz its facing a diffrent direction then the rest and the reflection shows more flaws? lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, I think it may be that I used an electric sander on it and since the sander works by vibrating it put little swirls so I think the plolishing compound is getting stuck in the swirls since they are going all directions. I sanded my swingarm by hand with the same grit sandpaper and went the way I sanded when I polished and it came out real shiny just has little lines in it. I need to hand sand it all over again with something more than 600. So get the triple off your bike you have to drill out the bolts or use a stud extractor. Anti theft, I had a hard time getting it off till someone here told me they are sheer off bolts.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
yea well the first peice i ever polished i went in all directions it definalty looked a lot worse then when i go all in the same direction.some peices have hard angles to go in the same direction tho, cuz its so tight. so thats def prolly it. its like they teach u in 1st grade art when ur coloring. go in str8 strokes. well i remeber being told that way back when lol. you got pix of ur work postem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.