Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I need to polish my stock muffler from brushed aluminum to a shinney finish. I saw it done on my friends 900 Fireblade and I'd like to do it myself.

Tools? Polishing Compounds? Instructions?

Cheers!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do I have to use the aircraft stripper? Or can I just sand to a fine finish and then polish?

Cool website!

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Sanding will work, but it will take more time. even if you cant use aircraft stripper, any good aluminum paint stripper should work.

You'll want a power sander for sure, doing it by hand would take forever.
We did one of our cans with a power sander, no stripper, and it looks the same when done but took much longer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a bunch.

What grit sandpapers did you use thorughout the process of sanding? (i.e.- did you use multiple grits to get the finish shinnier and shinner)

Once you were done sanding, I assume you then power polished it with polishing compound? Yes?

Cheers!

·
Registered
152 Posts
CD, I can't open the link and im intrested in polishing somthing,is it my comp. how can I open it. thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Cd, Thanks for the website very helpful,Btw can i use the same frame metod on my triple tree. Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Cd, quick question where do I find the aircraft paint striper? Home depot? I have'nt checked yet but is it hard to find?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.