Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As decent riding weather fades away here in cali i wouuld like to polish my frame. im starting piece by piece so i can do a section, put it back together , ride her , then do a different section. well my q is: im going to start with the subframe, can i polsih the the passenger footpegs? i think it would look funny with them still silver but i dont know if i can do it, will they polish out? thanks alot to cdnninjazx6r, your online tutorial made doing my rims a breeze, any input or tips on doing my frame?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
i polished my footpegs, but when i looked at the passenger pegs, the coating looks diffrent.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dude, I would recommend getting the frame chromed, I polished the frame on a buddies R1, It sucked, It took forever, itf it gets water on it, you have to polish it asap, or it will stain, you have to polish often to keep it looking good. It would cost about 2000 dollars around the dallas area to get the frame swingarm sub frame, fairing stay triple tree and pegs chromed.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
na i like the look of polished and chroming is just so much money and add a bit of wieght, if ur using a good polish on it it shouldn't stain you should just be able to wipe water right off it. i dont ride my bike all that often just go canyon carving once a week or so and ride around twon 1-2 nights a week doing errands i dont think ill have a prob keepin it clean i use to detail cars for 2 years so she stays real clean

·
Registered
361 Posts
after you get done polishing it you could always put a clear coat on it and not have to polish it ever time it get dirty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.