Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to polish the whole of the wheel spoke hub included? my plan was to take the tyre off the rim, nitromorse the paint, and get cracking but is this possible? and how long does it take? guna do the frame n swingarm aswel but the frame has some deep scratches thanks to mrs i didnt see u. whats the best way of getting rid of them before polishing? are there any decent polishing kits anyone can recommend, the article on the front wasnt to helpful. cheers all.

Rossi

·
Registered
663 Posts
hey,

i'm in the middle of polishing my entire rear rim, hub spokes and all. It'll look trick I'm sure but it does take a lot of sanding. To get the bumps out of the rim use something like 60 grit to start with and go all the way up to say 1500 or 2000 grit...then buff it. Same goes for the frame, just be sure the scratches are gone before u move on to the next grade of paper. The higher the grade, the less scratches can be removed so get them out with the lowest grade. Buff with a compound or autosol for best results.

·
Registered
80 Posts
finished my bike it came out so clean i did the frame swingarm wheels subframe forks
when i get everything back together i will take pics

·
Registered
238 Posts
any pics yet? I am doing my frame using green's directions so far coming out great. also debating on doing the whole wheel.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Iam out the country and away from my baby till april, ive bought a kit called moto-chromo off ebay for $200, has anyone else used it?
Give me 4 months and she'l be done.

·
Registered
653 Posts
the minute its not so cold that the gas froze in the tank then i will head out there and get cracking and polish everything too
whole rim swingarm frame whatever i can get my elbow into
casual

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.