Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can I use method described on site main page to polish rims on my new 636. I ask this because it has been done on some old GPZ if I remember.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hey Lee (GreenEnvy), you're welcome...
I've seen your "how to" write-up, along with seeing the results on your ride up close & personal and I am quite impressed!! Well done. [8D]

The board write-up is also well done... However, if I were to do it I'd be removing the wheels and rubber (as you did) and NOT leave them on the bike as in the board "how to".

·
Registered
203 Posts
Quick question, what tools are required to take the rim off of the bike? I got an allen wrench stuck in my rear tire yesterday but the only shop that is open today wont take the rim off of the bike to change the tires since they don't have liability insurance and the tools to do it (supposedly).

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
front wheel has a 17mm and a 22mm allen key nuts on it.
Rear wheel can me removed with the parts in the tool kit that came with the bike, you take off the cotter pin by the nut, then use the large wrench to get the nut off. It takes a lot of force [8D]
Then depending on how much oil is still on the axle, try to pull the axle out, if you cant, use a rubber mallet to tap it through from the side you took the nut from.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.