Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious on how/if I can polish my wheels without having to remove the stick on wheel weight my rear wheel. My main concern is how can I prevent the paint stripper from eating the paint and adhesive under the weight. Then front is no problem because they're the lip/clip on type. Any help would be greatly appreciated,:D btw I already searched and couldn't find what I was looking for..... [8D]

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Take it off and replace it with a new one when your finished. Make a mark on the tire so you know the location. No biggie. The newest Sport Rider magazine (Dec. 03), even shows you how to balance your own tire if your interested (page 88).

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
You can even use the old stick-on weight if you want. Peel the old stick-on tape off the back and use a dab of clear silicone to hold it in place. You need to let them sit about 20 minutes before they are set enough to hold.

·
Registered
493 Posts
stizo just mark your tire with a permanent marker and stick it back on when your done, thats how i did mine. not sure about the 02's but my 03 didnt have any adhesive it litteraly was just clipped on, i clipped it back on and waa--laaa

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for all the info. I think I'm just going to mark it, pull it and put on a new one like suggested by mred. I was just trying to get away without having to remove it because I didn't want to throw the wheel off balance if I put it back in the wrong spot....

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
what i did is take off the weights. if i could go back i would of taken of the tires and weights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.