Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a few pics of the bike worktable I just made . About $70 worth of material , and No more crawling around on the floor like a friggin idiot anymore . Let me know what you guys think ?

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
good work buuut...looks more like a bench to me. where's the part of said "lift" that does the lifting?

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
good work buuut...looks more like a bench to me. where's the part of said "lift" that does the lifting?

He's Canadian. Cut him some slack. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry guy's in the title I stated "Lift" , in my post I stated "Worktable" . The WORKTABLE is 19h X 3ft W X 8ft long . I have a set of curved ATV , lawn tractor ramps that I use to get it up there easily . I used 4x4 corners framed with 2x4's , 2 4x4 's approx 5ft apart under the table for main support and braced the under side of the 3/4 inch select plywood. The reason for the straps is so that the kids don't fuck around with the stand . One person job to get the bike up and down . Super happy with it as everything is now right in front of me and not down low . If anyone needs any help building one then just PM me .

·
Registered
557 Posts
Looking good there!:)

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
Nice work, I can't tell you how annoyed I am getting under the bike and kneeling to get to everything.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I don't have a garage to put one of these in. Don't really have space to put it anywhere else except in my grass, which is retarded for loose parts and whatnot. So I work outside in the winter all bent over and cold hands sticking to wrenches.

Hmm... might have to make a poor-mans garage then put a poor-mans lift in it.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was getting tired of rolling around on a creeper and getting down there and forgetting a tool then getting back up then back down again . Now I just stand up or sit on my adjustable stool when working , cleaning , adjusting . Super easy to build , and fairly cheap . I'll try and take a pic with the ramps hooked up so you guys get the idea .

1 - 20 of 70 Posts