Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

poor performance

664 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  faloni 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new the the board but a long time reader, firt of all I will like to apology for my poor english (french Canadian).

the thing that led me the register is a question about my bike performance, (2003 zx6r 5000 km), I have been to the dragstrip the last 2 fridays, and I'm quite upset with my bike poor performance, my best time was 11.944 at 118.421 mph out of about 25 runs. I may not be the best driver but come on, on all the run I made I never break the 122 mph barrier. Last friday there was a guy with a 03 zx6r running all the evening in the 11.10 range with a best of 10.95. I tried different rpm starting technique and the best I had found is to start at 8000rpm (I'm 6.1 200 pounds, 4 year driving experiance) there a 1 second difference in ours best time, there must be something wrong with the engine, the only thing I can see is the alarm system (viper) hurting the ignition. This bike have been well broken in (I'm a certified car mecanic) and well taken care of.

Before I took it to the strip I alway found it a little slow when you compare it with what they said in any magazine, I had a 2000 gsxr600 before and I did not find my zx6r any faster at all, only at the same level, If anybody know something about that or heard something similar happen, let me know I'm realy piss off now, thank in advance for our help guy.

See less See more
#2 ·
Well don't know what to tell ya.. Could be rider error, or the other bike could have had some work done. However high 11's does seem quite high for a 6r. Work on your techinque some more, it will come in time.

As for noticing the difference between a 2000 Gixxer 600 and your 6r... good luck! You'd have to be a very accomplished rider to notice (and take advantage of) any existing advantages of either bike. Not to insult you, but the vast majority of "street riders" NEVER come even close to max potential of a super-sport bike.

#3 ·
well...its a known fact. not all items are alike. bikes, cars, boats, anything thats mechanical! ie. I work for a speedshop with a dyno in it. as a consolation to our customers buying a product from us and having it installed...they are awarded two dyno runs. base and "after mod" runs. I've dyno'd an 00 Honda Civic Si no mods completely stock with about 120 miles on the car. Dyno showd 131hp after an intake and exhaust mod, it came out over 140hp. Later on that week..another stock Si would show up with slightly lower mileage. baseline came out to 138hp and after an exhaust mod, he was tappin 146hp i believe. its just to show no car or bike are alike. I have at times seen where car would lose HP from a simple intake mod though. it required tuning which we would have to charge. other times you would see a small increase in HP and a lower amt of tq.

Yes there is the driver factor as well. just had to throw something else into the brew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.