Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a look at the rider who is modeling the 250r on the UK site here: http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/Ninja250R

His riding position caught my eye, because I have an 08 250r and it sure doesn't feel like this guy looks. I'll say what I think it is, but before I do, I was wondering if anyone else thinks this guy is using an improper riding position (no doubt for the picture).

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Take a look at the rider who is modeling the 250r on the UK site here: http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/Ninja250R

His riding position caught my eye, because I have an 08 250r and it sure doesn't feel like this guy looks. I'll say what I think it is, but before I do, I was wondering if anyone else thinks this guy is using an improper riding position (no doubt for the picture).
I don't have a 250 so I don't know how much seat space there is ... but just looking at the picture ... it looks like he is so far back on the seat that he may as well just sit on the passenger seat. :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm no expert, but he doesn't look bad. Arms bent, balls of his feet on the pegs... maybe he could move forward a little on the seat, but not too bad. I'm not one to crush my balls on the tank though :p

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, that is what I saw... he seems to be sitting wayyyy back. I am on the small end of average (size wise), and when I duck down, my arms are bent 90 degrees. The guy in the pic is stretched out, although not a whole lot, but stretched out nonetheless.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought that was funny when I was in Jr High.

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
He is not turning, I am confused why his BP matters. I've also been drinking. :confused:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He is not turning, I am confused why his BP matters. I've also been drinking. :confused:
LOL, put the bottle & the keys down.... step away from the motorcycle... no one said anything about turning. Is the room spinning?

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
LOL, put the bottle & the keys down.... step away from the motorcycle... no one said anything about turning. Is the room spinning?
Not yet, so I probably need to drink more. :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
That's actually how I'm most comfortable sitting on my 08 250r. But then again, I'm 6'5" tall, so the further back I can get, the better.

And why are the pictures in the multimedia section so much cooler on that site than the ones on the US site? Those are some really good shots.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm 6' and I always feel like I'm sitting too far forward, like I need to move back on the seat. But right after I move back, I seem to just slide forward again in no time.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is it just me or does the exhaust look like it's a gunmetal color?

·
Registered
170 Posts
If u like thos pic's check out the pic's from the review on the ninja from the israeli magazine "FullGaz"
http://www.fullgaz.co.il/scripts/ga...p?path=/tests/2008/zx250/gallery/&no=1&max=21
You're right, those are very nice pictures!

It's funny, I was at first wondering why I had to push the back arrow to see the next picture, but then I remembered that books/magazines in hebrew are backwards and read in reverse. Their front cover is our back page, and vice versa.

Interesting that their bikes have a temperature gauge and gas light, rather than a gas gauge.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Interesting that their bikes have a temperature gauge and gas light, rather than a gas gauge.
Maybe because it's HOT in the middle east. Just my uninformed hypothesis.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm 6' and I always feel like I'm sitting too far forward, like I need to move back on the seat. But right after I move back, I seem to just slide forward again in no time.

I'm no expert since I just started riding this year, but I obsessivly research things I am interested in.... based on my reading, and experimentation, you are technically suposed to be about an inch or so back off the tank.... at least that is what I read. When I ride this way, I feel more confident and have more of the "in control" illusion.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's actually how I'm most comfortable sitting on my 08 250r. But then again, I'm 6'5" tall, so the further back I can get, the better.

And why are the pictures in the multimedia section so much cooler on that site than the ones on the US site? Those are some really good shots.
You are a big boy, I don't blame you. I wonder if you would be more comfortable on a bigger bike... something that would naturally stretch you out a little more?

·
Registered
647 Posts
why are we talking about where dudes sit on the motorcycles. if its comfortable for them then whats it to you.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
why are we talking about where dudes sit on the motorcycles. if its comfortable for them then whats it to you.
Because that is what you do here. If you aren't interested in this discussion, there are many others here that you may feel are more relevant or interesting to you.

This particular discussion may be more interesting to a newbie.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts