Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week I started to hear a muffled pop noise comeing from around the chain area where it meets the engine. Everytime I hear this poping noise I can feel the pop in the foot pegs. However, I only feel this at speeds around 30-45 it's not really noticable under that and barely noticeable above that. Any ideas, or has this happened to anyone else? Thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
Most likely that's a link or set of links in your chain that have locked. If you haven't been lubing your chain, (bad, bad owner!) or if the chain is stretched out, it's not that unusual. However, it means you need to replace the chain pronto before it breaks. If you put the bike up on a stand, and rotate the wheel, you'll probably see the kink in the chain. If you ca't see it, feel the links. You'll find one or two that aren't loose, ie bendable. Those will be your 'pop'.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Is it under warrenty yet??

·
Registered
343 Posts
clean and check the chain tention

·
Registered
560 Posts
sounds like worn out chain and/or front sprocket to me. i had the same thing about 1000 miles ago. new chain and sprockets and it went away.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes it is still under warrenty, and I just got it out of service where they lubed the chain and did everything else to it. So should the sproket be a warrenty item? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Take it to them and have them figure it out, let them worry about it. Its what the warrenty is for.. If its an 06 i cant imagine it would have a whole lot of miles on it anyhow..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.