Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good control of the bike dude. I bet yer gonna wanna try more wheelies now. [8D]

------

Stress is only caused by oneself.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
(On accident) LOL

OK, here was the deal.

I was cruising up a straightaway road. A buddy of mine and I were riding together. He is on a TL1000 and I am on my 6r.

It is a 55 MPH road. No cars, no traffic. We were at a stop light. So the light changes and we take off. Nothing serious. Not hard acceleration or anything. I was shifting into 2nd at about 5,500 RPM and I missed, so it went into neutral and as I rolled back on the revs shot up to about 9,000 RPM's, and the neutral light comes on. No biggie, thats happened a few times before, normally I just pull the clutch in, roll off, upshift, roll on and I am back in business.

Well, guess what, not this time. Within about a millisecond the bike slipped into gear (throttle open at 9,000 RPM or so) and the front tire shot up like a fuggin rocket.

Scared the living daylights out of me. So I leaned forward a tad and rolled off and the bike came straight down. I landed fine but it jarred the hell out of me because I wasn't ready for it.

Bike felt fine, I felt fine, but my hands were shaking for about 5 minutes.

Funny part of the story. My buddy, he thought I did the wheelie on purpose. I told him what happened.

I also asked him how far up my front tire went. It hella felt like it came up like 3 feet (LOL, laugh at me, it's cool) but he said it only came up about 8-10 inches. LMAO.

-Flash

------

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I got lucky that I didn't munch.

Hope you all enjoyed to story. My buddy has been laughing his ass off for 2 days. LOL.

-Flash

------

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but habit" - Aristotle

·
Registered
337 Posts
Once the fear subsides, you're going to want to do it again. And again and again... It's addictive ;)

------

The only difference between a dream and reality is the price you are willing to pay

·
Registered
545 Posts
I did the same thing once off the line and once trying to play catch-up... I can honestly say I'm in no hurry to try it on purpose..... yet ;)

------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.