Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
From the review... "It has a rear cowl that can be replaced with a passenger seat for an extra $99."
That would suck. Glad they didn't do that.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Kurosaki's location is "your mother"

Kurosaki, Where about my mother's 300 lbs. 70 year old body might be "your location"
I might say Hi, next time I see her, but I doubt it.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
I don't like the idea of people getting bikes to save gas

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't like the idea of people getting bikes to save gas
Perhaps, but, for me, it was an extra justification to get back into motorcycles. Knowing that I could get near 60mpg on my '08 250R was the extra push I needed. I had bikes years ago and was not sure if I wanted to commute to work on one or would find the time on weekends to ride around. The 250R is an amazing bike for the price and, so far, really holds it's value. So, that makes it a great re-entry vehicle. Turns out I really like riding to work, even in rush hour traffic on the interstate. That whole super-focused attitude is really sort of fun. After my weekend early morning two hour bicycle rides I hop on the Ninja for another hour or so in nearby twisties. Then, household chores if I have any energy left!

Tim

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I think it's pretty funny that even the test rider had problems with shifting and "false neutrals". If there's one thing about this bike that drives me absolutely nuts at times, it's the tranny. I hope the Kawi engineers are looking at this for eventual improvements!

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Perhaps, but, for me, it was an extra justification to get back into motorcycles.

"back" is no problem, or even to learn or to enjoy motorcycling. But when I work at the bike shop you get these pipedreamers everyday that say "I wanna buy something that will save me gas for when I go to work" Those people scare me. They are generally not concerned with safety or improving skill

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
"back" is no problem, or even to learn or to enjoy motorcycling. But when I work at the bike shop you get these pipedreamers everyday that say "I wanna buy something that will save me gas for when I go to work" Those people scare me. They are generally not concerned with safety or improving skill
I know what you are saying, and agree to a point. I object more to the posers who just like the motorcycle look, especially the "all black" look. Yeah, you're a bad ass. Wonder how bad you'll look wrapped around the grill of some SUV that did not see you? It's hard enough getting cagers to see us but why make it harder?

Sorry, my standard rant. Getting back into motorcycles after a long absence I really notice how few riders wear protection or even make the smallest concession to safety.

On the other hand, the more riders there are the more we will be noticed. Even if they don't stick with it I suspect the process will make them a better driver.

Tim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts