Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mad Hatter
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 02 6r with the four carbs. is there anything else i can do besides rejetting? can i get the head ported and polished, like on a car? what about boring out the pistons? i know it would be simpler to get a bigger bike but the zx6r is the perfect size and weight... anyone got info [8)]on this? i wanna go FASTER...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
A full aftermarket exhaust will give you 5-10 hp with a rejet plus lose some weight (7 pounds of weight = 1 hp). You could loose 30 lbs and that would be equivalent to another 5 hp. If you were able to get it up to say the hp of a GSXR750 which is kinda doubtful you would be able to go about 10 mph faster top end and maybe 1/2 second faster in the quarter. You could easily spend what a used GSXR750 would cost getting your engine to do it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Alex..if you are overweight, it might be cheaper to excersize and save the money!!!!!!

Im 170lbs...I really cant afford to lose weight, im 5'11". Actually im trying to get up to 185 soon.

Porting and polishing a head might not be a bad idea, boring the block out and bigger pistons...ehh I wouldnt do all that. I wish my bike was a 7r...oh well,I love my bike and checkered graphics!

·
Registered
152 Posts
SW, Really 7lb=1hp cool is that a fact where did you find that out? Now Im really motive to get into shape![:M25]

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Take the total weight of the bike with rider and divide by horsepower. For my bike 452 + 180 = 623 divide by my hp about 96 and get about 6.5 hp/lb. It varies but 7 is a easy rule of thumb to remember. Some thing like quarter miles times can almost be calculated using weight and horsepower.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Where would there be 30lb to remove from a zx6r? I can see that sorta weight being lost if you had a complete titanium exhaust but not from just removing clips and excess plastic on the faring.

Buy a bigger bike :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
ooooh, I went 550lbs divided by 170 and got like 4.9

You know, im not sure, but I think my bike is 379lbs stock from kawasaki(ninja 600 02')...anyone know for sure, did that weight include fluids and oil?

·
Mad Hatter
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i only weigh 140 and i work out n stuff.. if i dieted id disinigrate. so i understand what u guys mean tho... but i hear the zx10 promises 600cc weight so maybe ill just wait for that to come out. problem is i got a bad hip and in certain situations wheere u have to keep from tipping over. but my whole thing is along with engine mods u gotta do suspension mods to keep up with the speed so its like rebuilding a whole new bike.. so i dunno ill see what im gonna do... keep my eye open for next years bikes and see..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.