Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Ported 636 head or Forged wheels for the RC51

• Get the 636 a stage 1 complete head job from star racing, degree the cams in should get about 8rwhp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get some carrozzerria forged wheels for my RC51 dropping 9lbs of weight

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to make the big decision right now, as this will be the last big spending $$$$ on my bikes for quite sometime...

here are the options....Both bikes get ridden on the street But I do alot of Track when i am in the states (military)

Any other options just throw them out there...Also yes i am also attending race schools once i get settled in, at my new assignment at West Point, New York

·
Registered
950 Posts
I can't answer that, it depends on what class you'll race in. Are they both gonna be track bikes? I'd upgrade the one you think you'll race the most.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i am not racing i any official things, just track days and race schools...as i am to old and slow as far as i am concerned..well maybe not slow but to old and not willing to put my dick out on the line to be a true racer

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I would probably get the wheels for the ZX6 instead of the RC depending on the weight of the stock zx6 wheels. Make the ZX a dedicated track and school tool and leave the RC for the street only. The wheels will make more of a difference on the ZX than the head work I think. Until your lap times are not improving, make the bike handle better, then start looking at motor work for more power. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I talked to the engine builder for kawasaki super sport racing last week and am going to his shop tomorrow. He told me the heads are really good and would not pull the head until the motor needs to be opened up and them only minor seat work is needed. The cam degreeing does help on top end only and he will be giving the correct cam degree #'s as well as the valve clearances. This is the race motor builder and if he don't know who does? Can't wait till the season is over because then I'll be hooked up on some factory parts. He said the max rwhp on the rr on the street is 118.9 and the 636 exhaust cam works better on the rr than the rr cam for those of you with a rr. Will post more info after our meeting at his shop. So put the wheels on the 6 and let me know what price you get on them, I want the same wheels in gold and they are in my area as well. Maybe a group buy?

green the only way to flllyyy![:p][^]:D

·
Registered
579 Posts
I dunno about tracking the 636 over the RC. The RC just rides on rails. You'll turn better times if your bike goes where you want it to go and the RC will GO if you point it in the right direction. Which RC do you have SP1 or 2?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sanjose636on the 636 over the RC51 for the track....if you get technical on it, as it stands right now..My ZX6R rides on rails as well...Revalved & sprung forks, NEW"traxxion fork cartridges" going on in another 34 days,ohlins shock,hyper-pro damper
and way to much shit to mention...My 636 does everything i could ask, but yes it is flightier then the RC51, but i love that quick transitioning though...Not sure which i am faster on (on Track)

or in a speed event...will let you know after my Sep 25th track day at portland International

The Rc51 is a SP-1 with...ohlins fork internals,ohlins steering damper & ohlins shock, front mount radiators,bigger TB's and a 45lb weight loss and a ALOT of goodies, for the track...It handles on rails as you say and is a very fun bike to ride, but needs another 10-15rwhp to make the way it should be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.