Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Possible electrical or fueling problem

623 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Stephen 
#1 ·
Have you always owned this bike, or did you buy it second hand?
Has the bike always run like this while you've had it?
Does the bike have a jet kit in it?
Does the bike have an aftermarket exhaust/muffler on it?
Have you tried using only 1 brand/grade of gas for a while?

Lots of variables left. I'm thinking either a mucked up attempt at jetting, or an exhaust system change without proper rejetting.

BC.

I didn't do it, I swear.
And even if I did, what makes you think I would admit it to you?

#3 ·
Hi,

The bike was bought secondhand, and was not doing it when I got it. It started doing it about 6 weeks ago and I did not change anything then, it basically just started doing it [xx(]

The bit which confuses me is how it is has been fine for some times, and not for the rest and how how it just started without any apparent cause!

I will go and check the air pipes now

Thanks

#4 ·
Hi,

Just been having a look at it. If you know the twin air ducts coming off below the lights, well in the middle of each of them there is a small pipe, which is connected to a tube behind the air ducts. These then join into one and go off somewhere into the bike. Well, one of these was disconnected. Have plugged it back in. Rest of air piping was fine.

I'm going to take it for a quick spin now...[?]

#5 ·
Rob Lee!! Thank you!!

It was that little pipe, the bike is now running great! If you ever want to make someones ninja hell, unclip one of those pipes, and they will spend about the next 2 months trying to work out why!

Now I know what it was intermitant, as I had the fairing off when I put micro indicators on, so pushed it back on then, and it must have come off again after a while (the clip bit is missing)

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

#7 ·
Hi,

I ride a ZX6R 2001 J2 (I'm in the UK BTW)

When I'm accelerating, the bike between ~6k-~9k rpm is stuttery, and not wanting to put. Sometime it will not put at all when I am in 5th or 6th at those rpm. It feels like it not getting fuel, as I have had that before when I have put the tank back on with a kink, or when running outta petrol. I have also found that when I pull the clutch in at those RPM, instead of the revs justr dropping to idel rate, it will cutout, so that I have to let the clutch out making it bump starts off the back wheel.

So far stuff that has been checked:

Plugs
Fuel lines
Carbs are clean
It is firing on all 4
fuel filter
side stand switch
air filter
fuel pump
petrol tank

This is starting to be quite annoying now, as it is intermitant, I can be riding for a few days and it stops, and it will be fine and then it will start again randomly. It has no relation to if the fuel tank is full/ empty or on reserve :(

Any ideas people as I really wanna get this fixed! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.