Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

Got this bogging issue still as previously posted. thought was fuel pump but cant be.

only happens when bikes gotten hot and shut off for 10 mins. i.ve replaced fuel filter pump, spark plugs and air filter. also checked carbs and pilots and main jets look clean and diaphragms look good.

Took coils out this morning to test them and they are all within range of spec but after heating them up i find one coil has a slightly higher voltage across the secondary testing then the other 3. for example coil 1 reads when hot 10.7k ohms. and the other 3 all read 10.6k ohms.

keep on testing as they cool to find 1 coil still a little higher K ohms reading then the other 3.

could this be a bad coil on number 1?

sorry if explanation was bad

Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you mean? id assume if i swap coils it will still bog just on a different cylinder which wont show anything different

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
If it misfires on the new cylinder then you know its the coil. Seems like a simple test to me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

Seems like it was coil 1 that was the problem, weather is crap in the UK now so haven't had much time to ride and test but all seems good :)

Thanks for help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts