Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have just got back from spending almost 2 hours with a bike I intend buying before the weekend - the 2000 ZX6R pic attached (sorry this is pretty large)

The bike has a Kerker slip on, sounds nice and not too loud either. After riding the bike for a while, I found it to be comfortable enough to commute with aswell as fast enough to go on breakfast runs and rallies with. The low down power impressed me although many say that the 600's suffer badly from poor low end power - nothing a small shot of NOS can;t solve I guess

I would like to know if anyone owns this model bike and/or has any experience with it, anything to look out for? Any problems known to these models at all?

Help and comments appreciated

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I had a 01. had no prods with it. I had the near shock replaced because, it was making clicking noises. but that was just my bike. the 2000 and 01 are the same. you shouldn't have a problem

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
How many miles? Not that there's any problems, but I was just thinking of how much you're may have to spend on a service in the near future. Those bikes will pretty much run forever if you take care of them. And since you got to spend 2 hours with it, you probably got a good idea of how the previous owner treated the bike.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Hey I just noticed that it's in Europe by the little sticker thing on the passenger peg. Does anybody know what the difference is between the one in the states and the one in England? There might be more (or less) to think about when buying it, if the Europen version has more (or less) restriction, service intervals, etc. I think the same basic rules apply to any bike, regardless of where it is made though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ninjarider,

The bike has a fully serviced 22539km's on the clock. Just serviced, seen the papers (invoices) has all the tools, and is in pretty clean condition. I am from South Africa BTW --- that sticker is the licence disc holder.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Ah, my bad. [:eek:)]

The bike was serviced by a mechanic, or did the guy do it all himself. That's quite a few services; I trust he knew what he was doing. I guess the only real thing left to do, if you haven't done it already, is to take it for a 10-15 minute ride and make sure the bike is for you. Also, is it your first bike? Starting out on a 600, especially a ZX6R, worked out well for me, and regardless of your choice I'm sure youll be happy with it. Good luck and welcome to the board! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ninjarider,

The bike was serviced by the agents all along, I checked for the stamps in the booklet which were all there. The mileage I was concerned about, but after I saw the bike and rode it I wasn't really bothered by it anymore.

I also went to take a Suzuki GSXR600 2001 model for a ride (fuel injection) this bike has a long list of extra's (power commander, eliminator, quick shifter, brand new tires batlax 020's, Gear shift indicator) It has 6000km's on the clock. After riding this bike I was shaking!!

The price is not alot more than the ZX6R and at R66000.00 I think I have settled on the suzuki.... I think it's just when you ride a bike and you know it's the one for you - thats what convinced me.

I will take pics and post them as and when I can. Thanks for the comments ninjarider and 41 fire I appreciate it!

·
Registered
700 Posts
one of the best purchases I've made. nuff said

·
Registered
107 Posts
I own a 2000 ZX6R. I love it. I don't think you will be disappointed. I know I'm not and I have a feeling that aznridr isn't either!!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Originally posted by 7thSin

The price is not alot more than the ZX6R and at R66000.00 I think I have settled on the suzuki....
jeez!! did the rand go up? 6600 for a 2001? damn that's good. btw i'm originally from durban

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys,

I have made the purchase of my new bike -- I chose the Suzuki gsxr600 2001 model. I have to say thatnks for the comments and advise, I am very happy with the bike as it has so many extra's and suits my riding style. I will post a pic up for you to see.

List of extras are:- 1) full akrapovic race system 2) Power Commander PCIIIR 3) Race bobbins 4) Quick Shifter 5) Gear display indicator 6) braided brake line hoses 7) brand new Bridgestone 020's 8) Tinted screen

so far I have clocked up over 1000km's on the bike and have read a top speed on a downhill of 292 on the electronic tach - the revs were maxed out at 14500RPM on the limiter - I doubt this is very accurate, but two friends riding with me that day (one on a Ducati 748 and another on the ZX636RR) both witnessed this...

Alas --- once again thanks for the advise and I hope to put up many safe km's on the bike.

Pimp -- the Rand is now at R6,18 to the USD -- it has strengthenned nicely, and the Interest rate is at 12% at the moment, and going down to 10.5 by the end of the year...

·
Registered
185 Posts
You will enjoy it. I have the same exact bike.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, sounds like the Gixxer was done up nice. Has the PCIII got a custom map or the generic map for the Akrapovic exhaust?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.