Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am a possible zx10r convert I currently have a CBR600F3 that has been dropped and is looking like being written off by the insurance company. About a month after buy the CBR i regretted it as I am a big guy and the little girl just had no more power to give me. What I do not regret is that above all she taught me how to ride a bike well before stepping up to heaps of power, that being said I am ready for POWER and where else would I come than to a Kawasaki and in particular ZX10R. The money i will have to spend it around 7-9K AUD for that i can get a showroom condition 04-05 or a half decent 06-07.
So for a person just stepping up to the 1000CC what would be better in getting for my money? are there any inherent problems with either of those year models? what should I be looking at when buying these bikes?

Thanks for you advice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you drop your CBR? Are you sure you are ready for a ZX10?
Haha I didn't drop it on the road while riding! I was loading it onto my trailer and I lost my footing while pushing it up the ramp and she fell over onto the side of the trailer damaging all the left side fairings and tank and has a little dint on the tank too. I have been riding now for around 7 years 5 of which has been on the CBR with multiple track days under my belt now as well. I am sure I am ready to step up to a larger bike now but believe me in my own mind it has only been in the last couple of years that I think i have the riding maturity to handle a 1L bike.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I love my Gen3 but I would go with a gen4 for the electronics.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I love my Gen3 but I would go with a gen4 for the electronics.
Love my gen 3 ... the praying mantis gen 4 is so ugly I don't think I could make the switch unless that think could give blowjobs while riding

...and to somewhat answer your question every bike has its problems...gen 1 zx10 has frame cracking issues, gen 2 I think is rectifier problems, gen 3 is shift shaft/ clutch basket blowing up

·
Pursebully
37,566 Posts
i think the 04-05 were the better bikes. some of the early 04's had tranny problems?

have you ridden a modern liter? they will make that f3 seem like a slow turd....
By far.

Not aware of any transmission issues in gen 1's, but there were a few cracked welds where the motor bolts to the frame. These are easy to spot. Afaik, Kawi replaced any frames that had these cracked welds. Mine never had an issue and I rode it pretty hard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts