Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a tank pad and can't decide which one I want. I would like something that looks like it was made for my bike.
Could people post pictures of theirs on their bike, where they got it, ease of install, opinion of quality/durability, and any other bits of information that one should know about this type of product.
Thanks

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also does anyone know where I can get a unity like the one in this picture so I won't have to put parking permits on my bike permanatly

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
here's mine, i like mesh better than carbon fiber

sorry, couldn't resist. i don't have a tank pad and not a single scratch from 4800 miles of riding. i'll get one ONLY if i scratch it so i can cover it up

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Originally posted by JavaJoe
I'm thinking about getting a tank pad and can't decide which one I want. I would like something that looks like it was made for my bike.
Could people post pictures of theirs on their bike, where they got it, ease of install, opinion of quality/durability, and any other bits of information that one should know about this type of product.
Thanks
no specific brand ..

·
Registered
380 Posts
Originally posted by Roadrunner
I use TechSpec on mine.
How much were those? I need to get something to cover the sides of my tank. I've gotten a few scratches. I guess I have sharp knees.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Originally posted by calen636

How much were those? I need to get something to cover the sides of my tank. I've gotten a few scratches. I guess I have sharp knees.
http://www.techspec-usa.com/gs/kawasaki.html

$39.95 for the set. I have been thinking about getting these myself to cover up the flames on the tank and then I can remove the rest of the flames from the fairings. Haven't fully made up my mind tho.[xx(]

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Pro-Grip generic Carbon fiber look....

The ZX gets it , the RC51 stays untainted

·
Registered
287 Posts

Got it from solo moto parts for 14 bucks
ease of install....just stick it on! Centering it is the only *hard* part

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
JavaJoe, that is the registration sticker holder for bikes in QLD. Mine has the exact same one. You can buy them pretty much everywhere over here. My tankpad is by Geelong Carbon Craft (www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au) and it's brilliant. Used to have a Keiti but everyone called it my burning bush :/

·
Registered
550 Posts
Originally posted by xtremewlr

http://www.techspec-usa.com/gs/kawasaki.html

$39.95 for the set. I have been thinking about getting these myself to cover up the flames on the tank and then I can remove the rest of the flames from the fairings. Haven't fully made up my mind tho.[xx(]

Do it. They're very nice, and the adhesive is releasable and reuseable. I've washed my bike several times with them on without a problem, and I've removed the center piece and moved it a couple of times, and it sticks just as well every time. Plus, the grip on the tank is awesome. I guess that depends on how you ride. I use my knees a lot, because I herniated a disc in my back a few years ago so it really helps me keep the weight off my wrists without straining my back too much. If you move around on the bike a lot they might be a pain in the ass because you can't slide on the tank very well, but the way I ride it is fantastic. I can't believe I've never had grip pads before. When I'm really hunkering down and hanging off it makes me feel secure because my outside leg feels much more solid holding my weight up. I can't slide around the tank like I used to, but it didn't take much time for me to adapt to shifting before putting my leg against the tank.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.