Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the new 09 ZX6R has surfaced and all the new improvements to it have been mentioned, does anyone feel the same way about the 07/08 ZX6R?

It has only been 2 months since I have had my new 08 ZX6R and after the new model has emerged, I question
my purchase decision. Did you every wonder if you truly made the correct decision, or should you have purchased another brand or another model?

I mean I love my '08, but realizing all the improvements they made on the new model makes mine feel obsolete. I guess we have to wait for the actual comparisons and tests.

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
I think if you like your bike and are comfortable with it, don't worry about it. There will always be a "next best thing" around the corner.

But if you're feeling this way and you just bought your 08 2 months ago, maybe you could have waited to see what the 09 had to offer before buying?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think if you like your bike and are comfortable with it, don't worry about it. There will always be a "next best thing" around the corner.

But if you're feeling this way and you just bought your 08 2 months ago, maybe you could have waited to see what the 09 had to offer before buying?

Your right, as long as I like my bike and are comfortable (which I am). I think I made the right choice. Plus the price on the new 600 is ridiculous. I never thought about it that way. There is always upgrades too for the current model.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I wouldn't phrase it like you did, but I know where you are coming from. Every time they work the kinks out of a bike, I automaticly want the new improved one, and for a short time I forget about everything I've already done to my bike to make it what I want.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I know my reply is not related to the 6r, but I did buy an 07 250, which you know was completely redone for 08. I was really mad and jealous for a while, but then I realized, just because they redid the 250, does it mean I should love my bike any less? Of course not. The 08 6r is a sexy machine. If you are always waiting for that new bike to come out, you will never buy one. Love what you got.

·
Registered
626 Posts
lovin' my 08. while i certainly wouldnt scoff at the notion of having an 09 in my garage im perfectly happy with my bike. they may have made some "improvements" but that doesnt mean a thing in the real-world. my bike is perfectly capable of doing what i need it to do. the 09 wouldnt be any better in that respect. so no reason to feel like i should have waited.

i also think the 07-08's look better on the front end, but thats personal preference!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looks or Design is subjective

Engine, performance, handling, comfort....all these are the major factors for us to consider before buying a bike

Supersports changed yearly...but how extensive ? how advance ?...Would say the 09 changed quiet a lot from the 08...unlike 07 to 08

To keep up the pace with the latest development is crazy !!! unless you don't know what to do with your excess cash...fine go for it hehehehe

I had to put on hold from buying the 08 ZX6R coz I'm waiting for the 09 to be revealed...I like the major revamp on the engine, chasis, suspensions, handling etc...But the only thing that turned me down is the price...I would go for 08 CBR with same tag ;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
well said
originally planned on getting an 07-08, but decided to wait until the 09 was released. but after hearing that it's supposed to be 22 lbs lighter and 113hp, i decided i'd wait for the 09. then... I read that it's nearly 10 grand and you know those things will sell for sticker for the first few months after release and there's no way i'm coughing up that kind of money for a 600. so I went with the backup plan and picked up a new 08 10r for less than what an 09 6r would cost :D

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well said
originally planned on getting an 07-08, but decided to wait until the 09 was released. but after hearing that it's supposed to be 22 lbs lighter and 113hp, i decided i'd wait for the 09. then... I read that it's nearly 10 grand and you know those things will sell for sticker for the first few months after release and there's no way i'm coughing up that kind of money for a 600. so I went with the backup plan and picked up a new 08 10r for less than what an 09 6r would cost :D

Yea, that's my next plan, to move on to a ZX10 after I am done with my ZX6. So I have no more worries about the '09 ZX6. Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
You already have a great bike.The new 09s are ugly as sin.Also as a lot people said you have a ton of upgrades available to you.I think you made the right choice.Who knows what problems the 09s might have.At least you know what you have.By the way excellent vocabulary.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You already have a great bike.The new 09s are ugly as sin.Also as a lot people said you have a ton of upgrades available to you.I think you made the right choice.Who knows what problems the 09s might have.At least you know what you have.By the way excellent vocabulary.

Excellent vocabulary? LOL WTF.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
What do you guys think?
well, i bought my new bike after MONTHS of reading about all the different 600s, comparing performance data and rider feedback. now, i'm still not sure if i got the best 600 supersport, but i'm quite sure that i got the best bike for ME.

i'm sure the 09 zx6r is even more improved/refined over the 07-08s. i will still be completely happy with my 08, tho.

the only thing that really pisses me off is that the track day season is over for me. i have to wait until april/may 2009 to get back on the racetrack to see how i like it while riding at my limit (i say my limit, because i'll probably never be able to ride it to its limit). i suspect i will love it, hence this winter will be utter torture for me...

s3aturnr

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
There are probably over 100 people on this forum that could probably outrun you if you were on an 09 and they were on an 03.

Be happy with what ya got because there will ALWAYS be something out there better than what you have

1 - 20 of 38 Posts