Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please include temperature and wattage.

Personaly I want bluer lights so I might get 10k or 12k.

8000k - 55W

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Those look like my 6000k's to me.. 8000k has more of a tint to it.

Maybe it's just the pictures.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The company is sending 12k now because I said I wanted a blue tint. These are just under pure white(when starting the high beam it goes from light blue, to pure white, to barely yellow almost pure white). It is suddle, when looking at the lowbeam it looks pure white until you turn the highbeam on and have a point of contrast as it warms up. The 55w shifts the color range apparently but I was not expecting so much. So we will see...

Lets get some pics.

Heres the highbeam warming up. The whiter is 8k 55w, I want the bluer color. Hopefully 12k looks like that.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Yeah, looks like 6k to me also. I got 6k and looks like those, my buddy rbray has 8k and has a noticeable blue tint to them.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Hey Rain! Looks like I need to adjust my cutoff a little more... Mine are great and I spent a lot of time adjusting but your cutoff seems much cleaner. I just can't get my high beam right! I tried my hardest to adjust it to where it won't blind oncoming traffic, but I think I have it too low. It almost has a projection in the middle of my low beam. :(

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't forget to add wattages. Fsanes are 35w while some companies have an option of 55w. They shift the temperature anywhere from 2k-4k I'm guessing. Maybe I should request just 2k more or 10k since these are about equal to yours at 6k. Does your friends with 8k look like my highbeam in the one picture where it is warming up?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I would love to get HIDS but they seem like a hassle to install and i am not electrical freak those lights all look really bright to me haha

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
HIDs actually take around 15-20 minutes to install. It's for the most part plug and play. Not to mention relatively cheap.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts

Left is stock halogen and right is 8k 35w HID (starting up)

This is after the warm up, it loses a lot of blue and resembles a crisp white with blue tint.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I also plan on it but need to do research because don't understand the differences in bulbs or watts except for the color change. i wish i could just put year,make,model and then select my color choice and buy.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Sorry for the crappy pics, but these are Stanley Projectors and 3000k bulbs. I went w/the 3000k b/c you don't see it nearly as often as the 6000k and 8000k...

1 - 20 of 135 Posts