Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night when i got home i was looking over the the bike & such & on the rear tire i noticed that there are a bunch of small cracks & in some spots 3 cracks stacked on top of each other, i used my shitty camera but tom i'm gonna use the Dig SLR to take VERY detailed pics, take a look at what i have & maybe thoughts on where i should go from here, i contacted the seller (reputable company) so we'll see what they have to say...

Attachments

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
that doesn't look good to me, but I'm also no tire genius

<----goes to check his DCIII's

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that doesn't look good to me, but I'm also no tire genius

<----goes to check his DCIII's
thats what i thought & i'm heading to the gap this upcoming weekend, i dunno man kinda sketches me out, we'll see what the seller has to say & maybe what pirelli has to say & i guess if it isn't rectified i'll go w/ the m3's or the bt002's

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
Time to give the M3's a shot! Last night Greenranger and I were out tearing it up. We stopped to take a break ... I laid my hand on my rear tire (M3) ... it was nice & hot .. and STICKY. :D I love the M3's.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i really like the corsa's though to be honest & they have my trust (for the moment) & i've ruled out the whole "surface scratch" on the rubber because on the right side you can literally stick a fingernail in there AFTER they are hot as shit, i'm pretty sure the seller will take care of me somehow but i dunno i'm kinda sketched to even take a turn fast at the moment w/ that rear on there (for the record the front has no sign of this problem)

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,866 Posts
thats what i thought & i'm heading to the gap this upcoming weekend, i dunno man kinda sketches me out, we'll see what the seller has to say & maybe what pirelli has to say & i guess if it isn't rectified i'll go w/ the m3's or the bt002's

I had similar tears in my first set of Pilot Powers. Spooked me, but never seemed to cause any problems. Then again, I've never had good luck with PP's either, so...lol I've never run the C3's, but I didn't ever see marks like that on any of the sets of Diablo Corsa's I've run...

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
i'll have to take a look at my friend's when i'm over there later. he put them on a few weeks before we did the gap last month and he said they were amazing. i'll let you know later what they look like. oh! and DAMN! those are the most difficult strips to burn off in the world. i got em on the left of a friends gsxr down there, but couldn't quite get the right. crazy profile to those things!

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'll have to take a look at my friend's when i'm over there later. he put them on a few weeks before we did the gap last month and he said they were amazing. i'll let you know later what they look like. oh! and DAMN! those are the most difficult strips to burn off in the world. i got em on the left of a friends gsxr down there, but couldn't quite get the right. crazy profile to those things!
yes the profile & lean on them things are insane (hence why i like them so much :D ) ppl always say oh you got a strip etc.. & then they see me hit a curve on the backroad & then they quickly shut their mouth :D

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Yes agreed....I did a whole thread on the strips thing. Thought it was just me, but unless you're really moving it those strips are gonna be there big.

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
yeah, no marks like that on my wheels

M3's are just as awesome and just as hard to scrub, faster turn in IMO

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just went out to check mine, no problems. How long have you had them?
i haven't even had the tire on there for 1500 miles, its just odd & in my years of riding i've NEVER come across it, its just that piece of mind ya know that says "how do i know that a chunk of rubber isn't gonna come off??" we'll see what happens w/ it tomorrow, hopefully i'll have some good news

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol, thought you'd all like to see the "rep" system at its best :Laughing rolling:

Potential corsa III... 08-03-2008 06:00 PM 06R to 08R I hope you crash on your next ride ass hole. I just jixed ya!

·
Premium Member
3,529 Posts
I think I know the cause... not enough wheelies!! Doctor FLOJOE prescribes a healthy dose of standups, followed by a strict regiment of burnouts. The extra heat will melt the surface of the tire and mold the cracks back together, problem solved. Trust me, after all, I AM a doctor.

Seriously though, I have no idea. Never seen cracks on any of the corsa III's I've had. I'd just swap em out for some fresh rubber. It may seem expensive, but consider how much it would suck to have a problem with them when you are at the gap. Better to have peace of mind and enjoy your trip.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Call pirelli?

·
Registered
744 Posts
i have a cut like that in my m3 but i ran this little piece of metal in the road. worst part is it caught my eye as i was leaned over. and reaction was o crap its too late but has not gotten any bigger

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Call pirelli?
thats option 2..

& my first thought was that maybe i hit somethign in the road, but when it was on BOTH sides all the way around thats what got me worried

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
well by buddy has just shy of 1k miles on them. no cuts or scratches in the tire. talk to the seller or pirelli

1 - 20 of 76 Posts