Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion, the color of the wheels on the 06 zx10 are nasty looking. I'd be surprised if others disagree; they should have left them black like 04-05.

My bike is black, so I'm going to powder coat my wheels to a gold color. I recently saw a black cbr1000 with gold powder coated rims and it looked so sweet. I will definitely post pics later this week.

·
Registered
436 Posts
yep yep... I dislike the wheels cause I think they always look dirty. Be sure to post some of your new pics so I can take a look. I think the gold would look nice.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dear blingin10 & Friends

How much does powder coating and chroming of wheels cost?

Wouldn't the green ZX-10R's wheels look better with just a little green on them?

blingin, I'll be glad to take some studio-quality images of your bike if you're willing to drive up to Buford.

Does the ZX-10R have any kind of low-fuel indicator? Also, does it have a helmet lock? If it doesn't have a helmet lock, what would one use to secure one's helmet when the bike is parked?

Sincerely,
Jaddie

·
Registered
88 Posts
Originally posted by Jaddie
Dear blingin10 & Friends

Does the ZX-10R have any kind of low-fuel indicator? Also, does it have a helmet lock? If it doesn't have a helmet lock, what would one use to secure one's helmet when the bike is parked?

Sincerely,
Jaddie
The 06 ZX-10 does have a fuel light. Comes on about 1 to 1.5 Gals left.
And it does have a helmet lock under the rear seat. One on both sides.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my local Kawi dealer quoted me $995 to do the job complete. I made a few calls and I found a local place to do the same work for $350 ($125 per wheel and $100 for labor to get rims off and on the bike).

·
Registered
976 Posts
some outragous pricing out there. i payed $77 to have both wheels blasted with plastic media and coated. i removed the bearings and installed the new ones as its fairly simple (especially if i can do it ;))

BD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.