Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Has anyone installed the PCiii on their 6R-03 yet? I am going to purchase an akrapovic slip-on for my bike and was wondering if it would be wise (i.e more improvements :D) to add the PCiii also. What benefits could I expect? I have not seen (as of yet) any maps for the akra, does anyone know if any exist?

thx,

Paul.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Originally posted by pwatson

Hi all,

Has anyone installed the PCiii on their 6R-03 yet? I am going to purchase an akrapovic slip-on for my bike and was wondering if it would be wise (i.e more improvements :D) to add the PCiii also. What benefits could I expect? I have not seen (as of yet) any maps for the akra, does anyone know if any exist?

thx,

Paul.
Hello,

I have order one III USB, I is still in transit..Hope to get it next week. Ordered it 2.5 months ago.

Once received I will be tuning it to run with a Akro full system, BMC air filter and much..much more.

Keep in touch will let you know.

Fly

Point A to point B is always faster when you Fly!

·
Registered
344 Posts
The PC-III is a great item to add to your bike. The ZX6R is my third fuel injected bike and it will eventually get a pipe and a PC-III.

The previous 2 bikes were a 2000 CBR-929 (it was high sided at a track day and is no longer with us) and a 2002 CBR-954 (still alive and well).

Both bikes were helped tremendously in the low RPM range (3,000 - 5,000) by the PC-III. The low RPM range is where much of the emission testing is done and the bikes generally run lean.

Be patient, plenty of maps will be available soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just put a PCIII in my 636.... am keeping the 'stock' map, as that's what I have now.... seems a bit more peppy, but not night and day difference.

I've put these in numerous bikes, and have to say that the 636 was the hardest install I've done.... some bikes are incredibly easy (CBR1100XX for example), but on the 636 you have to remove the battery, loosen a frame support bracket, lift the tank and remove the airbox.... all-in-all not that difficult, but harder than most other bikes.

Mark

·
Registered
141 Posts
Running lean generally gives more power... but higher chance for detonation...

Originally posted by mjahelka

The PC-III is a great item to add to your bike. The ZX6R is my third fuel injected bike and it will eventually get a pipe and a PC-III.

The previous 2 bikes were a 2000 CBR-929 (it was high sided at a track day and is no longer with us) and a 2002 CBR-954 (still alive and well).

Both bikes were helped tremendously in the low RPM range (3,000 - 5,000) by the PC-III. The low RPM range is where much of the emission testing is done and the bikes generally run lean.

Be patient, plenty of maps will be available soon.
Jack
---
Evo VII
ZX-6R 636

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just got done installing my PC.. I am using the completely stock bike map and it appears to me the bike has more go----don't know if it is my imagination or not --- couldnt go to far had to leave for work... I would assume that it would be even more noticable with an akro system --- however I haven't seen a map for it yet

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by NX MX5

WAN2FLY...

any progress with the map for your akrapovic system?

He's got an appointment with Doctor Dyno this week to have a custom map done... [:p]

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

·
Registered
58 Posts
I installed the pc111, in stock form it seemed to smooth out the power curve. Now I have a full system and a custom map now the R stands for rocket:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
What did they charge to make a custom map for you? I have a ZX6rr with the cams valve springs a little head work the smaller gaskets (head and base) and a full muzzy system. I am running the muzzy map off of powercommanders website. I need to just get a plain dyno done to begin with, when i get a chance i guess.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.