Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my power commander on my 06 zx6r and its not getting power. When I plug the battery into it the bike runs perfect. Am I missing something? The ground is connected to the battery and everything else seems to be plugged in.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Sounds like a bad connection, the ground is supposed to be connected to the frame with a ring connector near the relay box.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
the ground can go directly to the battery.

and, doesnt it also have to have a power wire? its been so long since i hooked mine up, i dont remember :dunno:
Yeah, I know, I'm just wondering since the factory PC wiring harness has a ring terminal that is to be hooked to the frame what's been done to it to be able to reach the battery.

Sounds like it might be used.

·
Overwhelming Splendidery
13,553 Posts
Yeah, I know, I'm just wondering since the factory PC wiring harness has a ring terminal that is to be hooked to the frame what's been done to it to be able to reach the battery.

Sounds like it might be used.
The ring on the PC3 is to be connected to the neutral terminal. That's it, outside of the injectors.

Brand new power commander and I called them its now fixed. I got pissed, unplugged it all and put it back in. Now it works. No clue why I changed nothing, but I'm not complaining.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sweet. Maybe it got a surge of bad power or something stupid and it got static locked.

Glad she's working though man.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
The ring on the PC3 is to be connected to the neutral terminal. That's it, outside of the injectors.

Sweet. Maybe it got a surge of bad power or something stupid and it got static locked.

Glad she's working though man.
First off, Its no A.C. there's no "Neutral". I assume you mean negative so I'm just picking at ya. But on the 05-06 636 the ground, is a ring terminal, and its made into the harness to be connected in the rear tail section, to the frame, very near the relay box, Not the battery.

or atleast it was on mine when I bought it about two years ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts