Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are all power commanders the same and the only thing that makes them different are the maps? I want to buy one and i see one on ebay for 100 but its for a different bike, but if i map it to my 636 would it work?

-Chris

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think you can pretty much buy any PC and download any map. the problem with that is you have to have the specific FI connections that match your bike in order to hook it up.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
They are not the same, maybe in what they do they are but there is no way to get one for say a suzuki and mod it to work on a kawasaki.

you need a kawasaki one designed for your bike specifically. If you try to mod one to work I could easily see you frying the ECU on the bike then you will be completely screwed.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I owuld check out the company's website. Day it is a dynojet - go to their website and see if your bike and the one it is coming off of use the same modael. Then you would be fine.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
No sense in arguing FLOJOE, they are trying to save a back in order to jerry rig something on their bike. THen they will post on here as to why their precious baby does not run right or the ECU is fried and why did no one warn them that it could happen by mixing and matching part.

Either buy a correct used or new PCIII for your bike, dont try to rig one to work. They are around $100 to $200 used and you can get them for $250 new everyday.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I got my power commander from morepowerracing.com it is a Dyno Jet PCIII, it was only $260 shipped. Plus you can download new maps or when you get your bike dyno they could do it. I felt more low RPM torque.

--Anthony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.