Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a PC V custom map (as a starting point), before taking the bike over to the dyno centre next month.

Would anyone be able to help out.

Set-up at present;
PC V w/ Autotune (M17-003-008 fuel map)
M4 GP Slip-on (w/ stage 2 insert)
BMC Road Air Filter
Ivans Air Induction Block-off Plates

·
Registered
17,507 Posts
good luck getting someone to help you out. KF is full of nazi fucks that like to charge for their tunes. unlike 675.net, r6-forums, r1-forums, 600rr.net, fuck even gixxer.com has map databases for free. not KF.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looking for a PC V custom map (as a starting point), before taking the bike over to the dyno centre next month.

Would anyone be able to help out.

Set-up at present;
PC V w/ Autotune (M17-003-008 fuel map)
M4 GP Slip-on (w/ stage 2 insert)
BMC Road Air Filter
Ivans Air Induction Block-off Plates
So you have autotune, why would you take it to a dyno? Call up dynojet and ask them if they would recommend that. I called them up and they told me it was absolutely pointless. I do have the same mods with a map to go along with them. Except...its tuned to the area I ride in, about 200'ft above sea level and 60degreeF average riding temp.

·
28,939 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
So you have autotune, why would you take it to a dyno?
:plusone:

also..if you're getting a tune next month, why do you need a map now? You can't wait a month or your bike will die or something?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don't know if your up to doing it yourself i.e. this post, but check youtube and google the net so that you can learn to do it yourself. I don't know much about the system but I've been reading a little about it and when I get one I'm going to do it myself.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Also who's charging for the map? That's really gay....

·
Registered
17,507 Posts
I don't know if your up to doing it yourself i.e. this post, but check youtube and google the net so that you can learn to do it yourself. I don't know much about the system but I've been reading a little about it and when I get one I'm going to do it myself.
that is not a good idea with out a wideband.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So you have autotune, why would you take it to a dyno? Call up dynojet and ask them if they would recommend that. I called them up and they told me it was absolutely pointless. I do have the same mods with a map to go along with them. Except...its tuned to the area I ride in, about 200'ft above sea level and 60degreeF average riding temp.
Autotune only trims the existing map. It doesn't write a new one.

If it has a better base line (i.e. a dyno generated custom map) it has less work to do in trimming/modyfing this map, and will generally work more efficiently in doing so.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:plusone:

also..if you're getting a tune next month, why do you need a map now? You can't wait a month or your bike will die or something?
WTF !!!

Did you have a fistfull of 'grumpy pills' for breakfast today, or what !

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
No...I'm just asking a question...if I were grumpy or trying to insult you, I would say you're stupid or something insulting.

·
28,939 Posts
that is not a good idea with out a wideband.
:werd:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts