Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

If you change your standard exhaust for a performance one and have to get rid of the power valve do you lose any low down power?

Not sure to buy a performance pipe or gutt the original one and keep the power valve (exhaust valve)

Also if you but a 'race can' do they usually come with the brackets for the number plate/indicators?

Thanks all!!

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
with an aftermarket exhaust you will lose just a little down low, but not a big deal, if tuned properly with a power commander.

·
Powerhungry
38,146 Posts
Hi all,

If you change your standard exhaust for a performance one and have to get rid of the power valve do you lose any low down power?

Not sure to buy a performance pipe or gutt the original one and keep the power valve (exhaust valve)

Also if you but a 'race can' do they usually come with the brackets for the number plate/indicators?

Thanks all!!
with an aftermarket exhaust you will lose just a little down low, but not a big deal, if tuned properly with a power commander.
actually, when i did it. i gained throughout. there was NO loss down low.
then when i fabbed the valve back in, with the akra, there WAS a low end loss. in fact, there was a total loss, throughout the entire range.

its def not a POWER valve on this bike.

and yes, most slip-ons come with a provision for mounting the plate, and signals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great thanks.

I guess it's just there for noise immissions then, not like the old two strokes i.e KR1s/TZR etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh one last question....

The performance can I intend to buy (micron race can) states 'no adjustment needed to fueling' but looking at other threads the ZX6R runs lean anyway. Would you say it definately needs a power commander or will it be ok to run i.e no damage to engine?

Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts