Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Labia Grappler
3,744 Posts
I it possible to do that with a bike on stock gearing? I have been trying without any success.
By simply keeping the throttle pinned back ... your bike should get light in the front and begin raising the front wheel at the end of 2nd gear (at around 100 mph). Not enough to get you to the balance point ... but it is still a power wheelie. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
the 636 has enough power to float in 2nd but not "wheelie"

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
Ok ... "power float" then ... not "power wheelie" :D
lol, it will basically just unload the suspension which then makes it prone to headshake :D

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
it will wheelie fine on stock gearing, i promise.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Haha what happend?
I was out riding one night and I was just cruising around. I turned a corner at about 40mph and I thought I was in 4th gear, then I just popped the clutch and opened it up all the way and before I knew it I was on the rear wheel holding on for my life.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
This thread is funny. Any 600cc sport bike will wheelie. It just takes practice and a little technique. My buddy bounces his wheelies, I clutch 'em up. Everyone does it differently. You just gotta get out there and practice, there is no special secret on how to do it. It is a good idea to learn how to ride first though. You know, walk before you run...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts