Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did my first power wheelie the other day.
i was riding with a buddy of mine and we left at this light and i just carried it down the street.
when my buddy caught up to me he asked me how i got it up so high.
i told him i clutched it up and he said u clutch it up in first? i said yeah how do u do them?
he said i power it up in first but he couldnt get it to come up that high.
i told him to show me and at the next light he powered it up only a few feet but it came up so i just watched him and then gave it a try and i hit that gas and my bike came up so fast and high i was shocked[:0] and happy:D that i got it to come up like that with just all power.
it will take a little getting use to because i am so use to clutching it up and i feel i have more control when i clutch it. but ill get use to the feeling of just powering it soon.

well just wanted to share that please reply if you like (well ride safe people)

keep one wheel up(you choose which one)

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
You shouldn't have to clutch your first gear wheelie's unless you're aiming to do a slow mo wheelie. But good stuff...be careful, the first gears can get pretty dangerous.

·
Registered
19 Posts
this may sound fucked up but im used to dirt bike wheelies, and i havnt found the balls to rip a wheelie yet, what do you think would be the best for me to try out first so i can get used to wheelies. on my d bike wheelies arent necessarily slow but deff not at 50+ mph so might take some getting used to. so should i try clutching them since people say you might have more control and they aare in slow motion. please help a struggling brother.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i dont do slow wheelies when i power it or clutch it in first i get it up and then give it some gas to get moving down the road i havent had much luck at just giving it enough gas to get up and the feathering the gas.
ill get it up and run it out.:D
now i feel i have more control at clutching it but like i said now that i have powered it up i dont think ill use the clutch that much anymore
but here is what u do.
power wheelie= get it moving up to about 7000,8000 rmp then let off just enough to get the front to go down then crank it open(dont be scared)

clutch wheelie= get it moving around the same rmps as above bump the clutch+gas
you will be on your back wheel before you know it but be (careful with this one)

hope it was some help to you qlaucaster.

·
Registered
493 Posts
ya be careful, i was riding sunday and a buddy looped his 95 f3 in first... i use to try and start in first and shift to second then ride em out, clutching in second is so much smoother and predictable... just my 2 sense. peace[^]

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am a newbie to this forum, but I have been riding for a few years now. The bounce Technique in second gear seems to be the easiest with the 636. With my first bike I started clutching them in 1st nad had some close calls, But I think 2nd gear is probably the most safe and easiest

·
Registered
80 Posts
Originally posted by glaucaster
this may sound fucked up but im used to dirt bike wheelies, and i havnt found the balls to rip a wheelie yet, what do you think would be the best for me to try out first so i can get used to wheelies. on my d bike wheelies arent necessarily slow but deff not at 50+ mph so might take some getting used to. so should i try clutching them since people say you might have more control and they aare in slow motion. please help a struggling brother.
try the rolling hill in the road method and cover the rear brake.....c'mon out to Westerlo where I live we have great wide roads and good rolling hills....also have a severe lack of police.
wheeling off a knoll is a great way to learn.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I did my first wheelies bouncing it in first gear. I tried bouncing it up in second but they were small, plus after a few tries I was doing about 60. That whole clutching up thing is tricky to learn. I was always afraid of giving to much gas and looping out. That whole thong just takes more time and knowing your bike most of all.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bouncing in first gear?
i wouldnt bounce it in first there is more than enough power there to just wot it up in first.

·
Registered
57 Posts
on a 636 there is enough power in 1st for a power up? [?] really. or do you bounce it first. I had a 99 suzuki r1 and obviously I could power it up in 1st with just WOT. But it was an R1. 636 [?] I ma not sure. If you did it tell me.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i dont bounce my first's up at all, just chop the throttle and you dont even need wot just fast action. are you standing while bouncing in first?

·
Registered
940 Posts
yeah, I think a buddy of mine had one of those.....he also had a harley-davidson goldwing

·
Registered
47 Posts
Has any one tried lifting the bike up when it hits the second cam, or in other words when it would usually power wheelie. lift it up like you would a mono on a push bike. i keep trying it again but cant seem to do it again. not sure if i lifted it as the cam kicked on or after the front wheel was off the ground? when does the 2nd cam kick in exactly? i ride a 96 zx6r. oh and my power wheelies dont seem as high as some of you guys say your are i just strap myself in and screw it is that all you guys do?
Glenn

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Second cam? Second step in the power delivery? At about 9,000rpm?
With a '96 you could use that but in second gear you'll probably need to use the clutch, and then you wouldn't need that many revs. You might be able to get it up just using the throttle if you were standing.
If you want to know where the steps in the power delivery are, just nail it in first from about 4,000rpm, you'll feel all 5 or so of them...

·
Registered
57 Posts
....My bad. lol lol lol lol, I was wondering what the hell you guys were talking about until I looked at what I wrote... *sigh* [:M41] I feel fooking wetodid. my bad... lol lol I was looking at Suzuki stuff all day and I guess I ended up typing it.. lol lol damn [:M66]
ANYWAYS. I had an R1... but it wasn't Suzuki

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.