Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
was just wondering what sort of power you guys/girls make...i get 117.33 bhp at rear wheel...

Internal engine mods??? If not.........:Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
lol bhp refers to horsepower at the crank...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i seem to be a little confused....when a bike is put on a dyno you either can get a crank reading of which this will be a higher figure...or you can get the true brake horse power at the back wheel. this would be the figure that your bike is making in real terms....this is how it is done in the UK.
if there is no such thing aa BHP then what do you call your power readings.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
BHP is horse power that a motor puts out at the crank on a engine dyno

RWHP is when a bike is on a dyno

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
i seem to be a little confused....when a bike is put on a dyno you either can get a crank reading of which this will be a higher figure...or you can get the true brake horse power at the back wheel. this would be the figure that your bike is making in real terms....this is how it is done in the UK.
if there is no such thing aa BHP then what do you call your power readings.
Can a dyno get crankshaft power ratings? That's news to me, I didn't know that. How does it work? Certainly not through the use of the rollers, because that's wheel horsepower.

Brake horsepower never applies to actual wheel horsepower, even in the UK.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Can a dyno get crankshaft power ratings? That's news to me, I didn't know that. How does it work? Certainly not through the use of the rollers, because that's wheel horsepower.

Brake horsepower never applies to actual wheel horsepower, even in the UK.
Actually, a dyno comes in diffent shapes and sizes. Although the one your used to seing is not capable of measuring power from the crank, there are some that do. However, these are typicly found in laboratorys, and factory testing facilities. Thats how they get true BHP numbers that the factory likes to advertise.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Stealth, what mods have you done to the bike?

kawistunna, nice avatar ;)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have a freind that took his 6R to a dyno and did the stock vs jumper test. he was high 90's stock, and at 102 or 103 with the jumper. I want to do mine, but it would not be a stock reading. I just want to see what its putting out.

I have a friend that I ride with alot, who has an 08 cbr 600rr, and with the jumper he was slightly pulling away from me , now with my exhaust on, I 'm pulling away from him pretty good. Good thing is it never mattered in the twistys :D

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
also remeber not all dynos are as good as some, that and the temperature and what elevation they were at all makes the end result different.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what are jumper mods...we dont have them in uk....as i am aware european models are more powerful...the figures i am getting is rear wheel power not crank...even standard bike is 125 hp without the use of ram air then it goes up to 131..in handbook manual.

the bike was dynoed by PDQ in england, if there are any UK readers reading this then they will problaly agree that they are one of the best dyno centre in ENGLAND.

i would put picture of dyno chart on but i dont seem to be able to upload pic...any help would be appreciated.

once again: 117.33 rear wheel power....45.99 torque.

mods done are full akrapovic race system, KN filter, PC111 custom mapped.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts