Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They all suck like that. Just wait until you hit the powerband. Past 7k than you'll be like fuckin right.

You gota have balls like these to drive a bike!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Like sniper said, wait until about 8k and prepare to be very pleased with the results:D. BTW make sure to hang on tight;)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
if you want power under 4k, get a harley or buell....

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hm i have a question regarding my kawasakizx6r power under 4000 rpms
i don't know people but i have a new bike which i brak in very good and i can say my new bike sucks under 4000 rpms really sucks i had before 2001 zx6r and 2002 zx6r and they where much better bikes under 4000 rpms please tell me you fill the same with your bikes.thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Even after I jetted my bike (02 zx6r) I still have low power under 4k. The way I have it set up it comes to life around 4200. Also keep in mind you may pick up some extra horses after you've put several thousand miles on it.

Some people are good enough to drag a knee through the corners. I'm so good I drug both at the same time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a 95 ZX6R and my bike feels sweet under 4000rpm most of the time I cruise between 3000-4000 rpm because there is quite alot of torque there, but at about 5000rpm there is a flat spot before a smooth climb to the redline. I think they tuned to newer zx6rs to have more top end and ultimatly more HP but I need a few mods to come close to that top end.

"Speed kills, but atleast you get there faster."

·
Registered
572 Posts
Pretty Soon you all are going to start associating me with sprockets because I'm starting to preach it some much.

Go two or three up in the back!!!!

According to the power curves the old model of the ZX6R adn the new 03 are making about the same HP and TQ. With the 03 being much lighter you should feel it has more. The gearing isn't that much diffreent at all either.

???

PGH, PA

·
Registered
30 Posts
Why would you want to ride it under 4000 rpm ? To compete with mopeds LOL.
Open the throttle and let it breath and hold on for a bit.[8D]

You only get one shot at life, so why waste it on Honda!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
*Under* 4000rpm[:0][?] That's barely off idle.
Why don't you try it at 14000rpm[^]? Much nicer.

You do know that you bought a SPORTbike, don't ya.
The more you let her/it sing/scream the more you will enjoy yourself.
-under 4000rpm, grumble, wtf

Freedom is won with blood and lost with the stroke of a pen
--uknown

okay okay, it's your third 6R, I see, you're no newbie like me.
But I can't say I noticed or even paid any attention to power below 4k or 7k when comparing my own -02 and a friends -03, rather I noticed that his redline is higher.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.