Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting on an Akra slip-on and a K&N air filter. I was wondering if the Powercommander is worth the money? Is there a noticeable difference in power and smoothness?

Also, if I leave stock gearing, would anyone recommend still getting the Speedohealer?

Thanks.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yes, there is a noticeable difference. I lost my midrange after putting on my slip-on. The exhaust valve gives you that back pressure and all of the slip ons require that you remove it. The Powercommander helped. Get one :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Originally posted by maverick10121
I am putting on an Akra slip-on and a K&N air filter. I was wondering if the Powercommander is worth the money? Is there a noticeable difference in power and smoothness?

Also, if I leave stock gearing, would anyone recommend still getting the Speedohealer?

Thanks.
Part 1: Yes, Yes, and Hell Yes!!!! I have a full titanium akra system (header to pipe) and the power commander gave me a lot more low end and mid range torque. It is more than worth the money. I want to get the timing adjuster add-on for the power commander. I'll let you know how that works out for me.

Part 2: What is a Speedohealer?

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
The PCIII is worth the money of you are going to mod the bike as stated..
Smoothes the power delivry to near perfection depending on who tunes your bike..
If you have a 05/06 ZX6R shoot me a PM your email i have a damn good Map for you...

·
Registered
264 Posts
I noticed after I added my slip-on it backfired. I bet when I get my PC it'll stop.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by jessdog
I noticed after I added my slip-on it backfired. I bet when I get my PC it'll stop.
It wont stop it totally, it will help but it will still happen now and then.

·
Registered
270 Posts
even after your PC install, you will still backfire some (if your pipe is worth anything). I corner martial for the AMA superbike races when they come to VA, and all of their bikes backfire. I have a PC and mine still does as well.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Do the PAIR mod if you havent done it already and that will get rid of some of the popping you are getting.

Good afternoon project and gets rid of some unneeded plumbing on the bike.

Dan Kyle racing sells some nice Gold anodized ones, not like you will see them after install.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.