Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´m thinking of buying a Power commander for my 636 -03.
Is it worth it??? Do you have any dyno-results???
I have a 636 2003 with Akrapovic full race system and a KN airfilter.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was going to ask the same question.... My 03 is all stock except for a Jardine RS-One race slip on. What kind of power increases will I expect to see? i checked out there website. but would like some real workd info from someone who has one up and running.....
i asume from what I have read that there " Base" map is tuned a little better than the stock zx6r's map... and i looked and there is no map for stocker with a Jardine yet. but i could use the map from another slip on....
I am just looking for some cheap power and want to make sure that i will notice some before i plunk down the cash for one. I think 636 was wanting to know the same things...
Toxiclows

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Even the Akrapovic website urges that installation of their full systems will require remapping. You will notice HUGE gains in overall smoothness as well as a likely large hike in peak power. That new exhaust has dramatically altered your fuel-air mix, and to take full advantage of the potential it offers, you NEED to remap. I've seen a dyno map of a ZX6RR before and after, and trust me, there's gains to be had. For best results, you can invest in some dyno time to get absolute 100% spot-on air-fuel ratios throughout the powerband, but you can also download maps off the www.powercommander.com site for free (dyno time isn't cheap)...

And if you don't think it's worth looking at even just after adding a slip on, do a quick search of the www.powercommander.com website, and you'll see that you can get SOME gains adding a PC to a completely STOCK bike! I have heard from a few reliable sources, including the best local dyno shop around, that they have verified this, and that most bikes are a little lean from the factory to get better emissions ratings. Trouble is deciding whether minimal gains are enough to offset the expense involved... but after installing a FULL system, I don't think there's any question.

·
Registered
880 Posts
If you got a full system you need a pc. The only way your gonna tap all the potential of that system is to adjust it. If you had only got a slip-on you could have gotten away without one. I only have a slip-on but a pc for me is still one thought away!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.