Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had trouble finding any formulas online for our green, so I had my bike scanned. Here's what it read. I have not yet used the paint, but I took a sample we made (on a toungue depresser) next to the bike and could not tell a difference. The prophet II scanner came back as a "Willow Green". I bought a pint for $14. Here is the formula we used for 1 pint: I will add this disclaimer: Please use this code at your own risk, and sample it first. I am going to use it to paint a hardshell tailbag and backpack. If you like I can take pictures and let you know how well it matched. We altered the original scan just a little bit. We added a bit more yellow. I honestly couldn't tell a differenc between the two colors, but trusted the expert's eye. I will post both the orignal and our modified ppg code.

original prophet scan: ("Willow Green")

code----color-----cumulative-------parts

M114----Yellow-------112.1----------112.1
M128----BS Green-----214.7----------102.6
M119----White--------276.5----------61.8
M150----Basemake-----552.9----------276.4

Modified prophet scan: (Willow Green with a bit more yellow)

code----color-----cumulative-------parts

M114----Yellow-------124.6----------124.6
M128----BS Green-----227.2----------102.6
M119----White--------289------------61.8
M150----Basemake-----565.4----------276.4

Hope this helps,

Jason

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
yeah i am very interested in this so any pics i m waiting on,,,lets see what you have.
Also isnt the 2005 ZX6R/RR a different shade as well?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sure someone else could better answer if color varies with year. If your wanting to paint accessories, or anything thing that has a little seperation from the OEM plastic (bar ends, fender, etc) this would probably work great.

I plan to paint this coming weekend. I will take close ups near the OEM plastic and let you see.

I will let you know if its an exact match to the OEM plastic.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a picture of my bike. The scanner needed a fairly flat spot to get a good reading, so I chose my tank. This is the color which the formula was built on.

Jason

·
Registered
116 Posts
05 is different for sure.it would be great if someone could do the same for the 05.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've read mixed reviews on Colorite and their ability to match. I personally have a colorite touch up pen, and it matches well. However they only advertize 1 color (617). If color varies with year, perhaps that why there are mixed reviews on their ability to match. I paid $14 for a pint of the ppg. Colorite's pint is $107.95 If it matches your bike and have the money, go for it. You won't meet a nicer bunch of guys at colorite, great customer support.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
can someone say Price Gouging from colorbrite...

Besides from all i have seen of their paint, it is not up to
PPG or house of color paints quality..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The paint job turned out great. As far as an OEM match, I'm going to say my newly painted bags (tailbag and tankbag) are SLIGHTLY lighter. I'm not sure how noticeable it would be.

What do you guys think?

Jason

·
Registered
315 Posts
for the stuff you put on there the slight color variance that i see, and you said you do also, i wouldnt worry about it i think it looks good.[:M88] now if it were just the upper or a side panel done i think the color would be off far enough to make it look bad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.