Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ive just bought new 05 636 :Dand have been doin Preload wheelies in 1st and am pretty comfortable doin them. Just wondering should i start clutching wheelies or just stay wit what im comforatble with. i tried clutching and i just couldnt keep the front up for any longer than 2 secs.:(
what do yous think[?]

·
Registered
668 Posts
You have to roll like about 3mph, pull in clutch, listen here because this parts very important. You have to bounce the bike off the rev limiter by holding the throttle wide open for about 3-5 seconds. This creates boost psi in the airbox...then dump clutch and you gotta instant 12oclock wh00lie...

no really... clutch is the only way bro. Practice...It all comes down to conditioning and how much balls or stupidity (whichever) one has...

·
Registered
854 Posts
Originally posted by vettjd01
You have to roll like about 3mph, pull in clutch, listen here because this parts very important. You have to bounce the bike off the rev limiter by holding the throttle wide open for about 3-5 seconds. This creates boost psi in the airbox...then dump clutch and you gotta instant 12oclock wh00lie...

no really... clutch is the only way bro. Practice...It all comes down to conditioning and how much balls or stupidity (whichever) one has...

just so you know, he was kidding about the first part ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers 4 the help not. gave a couple of tries of clutching this arvo i didn't go too bad but preloading is much easier

·
Registered
39 Posts
How the Hell do you Preload ? i have a 02 ZX6R and i cant even clutch it up i just got tired of trying all it does is kick when i clutch it but the tire never goes more then a few inches off the ground ? maybe because i am 230lbs? shit i dont know i am used to bouncing wheelies its much eisier but everyone always says to clutch the bike but yeah no success :(

·
Registered
785 Posts
i wouldn't know nothin about those power wheelies... but as every accomplished stunter would say... clutch it up!

BRAP BRAP

·
Registered
86 Posts
Get on the rear's jump down(pull in clutch and wind up high) and when the bike just gets the bottom of the shocks and on its way up pop the clutch and it should come up very very easily in 1st and 2nd 3rd with stock gearing takes a little practice.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks Orange-02ZX6R yeah usually it just looks silly when i try to wheelie i was thinking of Jetting my carbs but havent got around to it maybe that would help a little more ? but yeah a i am gonna give it a try :D but if i change my gearing how should i go about that ? the bike is all stock right now i am just pretty much using it to cummute but i am getting another bike and just wanted to use my ZX6R to Stunt but i have to first have to work on getting the front wheel off the ground lol [}:)]

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mine is stock geared also and im seriously thinking about doing -1 in front and +4 in back..hopefully someone has an 02 geared and could help out on this.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Orange, i run -1/+2 on my zzr which is the same as your 02 6r and i wont clutch it in first because it is too scary for me the front comes up way too fast. i can power it up to the sky in first without ever touching the clutch ( i almost looped it several times now ). i havent got around to practicing second gear much because i have recently removed most of the baffles from my stock can and in the area i live in the cops are around every corner because it is a tourist town and they can hear me coming. I have tried clutching it up in second and third and it will go but i do it all sitting down because it is more comfortable right now as i am still a beginner. so bouncing it up with the new gearing would be a breeze. anyhow if you do any highway riding i wouldnt go anymore than -1/+2 with the bike because basically in 6th gear it runs at about the same rpm as it would in 4th and stock gearing so at 60 mph you are turning close to 6k rpms now. and trust me that is all the gearing you need for doing wheelies unless you wanna do low speed ones

·
Registered
39 Posts
really wow maybe you can power it up because you are fuel Injected ? carburators are hell when you are trying to wheelie i have been thinking of jettting my carbs but not sure if that would really help either that or getting a 03-06 model lol either or i just hate this bike because i cant wheelie it "02ZX6R"

·
Registered
164 Posts
my bike is carbureted. for all intents and purposes it is identical to a 00-02 zx6r. the extra help with wheelies came from the sprocket change but it would wheelie just fine before it just took a little more work. if you cant wheelie the bike it isnt the bike it is you. that isnt meant to be an insult it just means you need to work on your technique. after i got my bike broken in i started trying to wheelie and for a while i was disappointed with it because i couldnt barely bring the front up. after reading a little on technique and working on mine i figured out that it was all me. i still cant do what these guys do because i get scared still. but the bike is capable of doing more than i feel comfortable doing. anyhow, do some practice and i assure you that you will find that your bike is more than capable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thank you i am not sure though i mean i know how to wheelie usually i am able to power up or Clutch a bike i had a 955i when i lived in southern cali and had no problem with freeway wheelies and just bringing it up in first at a green light but now that i got into kawasaki i havent been able to bring that damn wheel up ? is it that i am just not pushing the bike hard enough ? i mean i am used to 750 and 1000's maybe its that ? and well i am a pretty big guy "230lbs" maybe need a differnt bike ? may i ask you what kind of sproket you went to ? i mean i really dont know what else to do to wheelie this bike lol because i dont have fear i have really pushed it i almost even redlined it in second when i cluthced it and still all i got was 2" off the ground lol so i mean how do you do it ? everyone tells me i should just get a F4i or a 04-06 zx6r i dont know help me out i would appreciate it :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
well i went with a -1 tooth fron sprocket and +2 rear making it 14/42 instead of the factory 15/40. with a 600 you need to bounce the bike to get a good 2nd and 3rd gear wheelie. i weigh pretty close to 240 lbs so you can definately get yours to come up. if you are used to a bigger bike then you definately need to adjust to the smaller engine with less torque but your bike is plenty capable. you may actually be revving it too much when clutching it. i noticed if i go higher than say about 9k rpms it is out of its torque curve and doesnt clutch up as easy. the main thing is being at the right speed when you try to clutch it and also getting the bounce method down which i havent mastered yet. you may find that changing the gearing helps some because it does make it easier you just have to get used to the bike coming up faster. if you do change the gearing i would definately recommend spending the extra bucks and getting a speedo healer so you actually know how fast you are going. i dont know why everyone tells you to get an f4i as the performance specs are pretty much the same as your bike. the only real differences are that it is fuel injected. the 04-06 6r does wheelie easier due to the engine having a bit more torque and power, but you definately have a fine machine already. here is a link to a road test of the 06 zzr 600 ( same as your bike )vs. the yzf 600r and f4i. you will see that there isnt much difference between the honda and kawasaki. http://www.reptilesmagazine.com/mcn/model_eval.asp
in there you will see links to like 6 pages of an article in pdf form. the article is pretty interesting and clearly shows that a bike like yours is a more than competent machine

·
Registered
854 Posts
cityboy44, don't give up and don't blame it on the bike...i ride 98 zx6r and it wheelies fine...also my friend has a 00 stock gearing and i just started teaching him recently...i can wheelie it and so can he now, it was hard at the begining but you just practice and then you'll see it can be done

·
Registered
39 Posts
pmkls1 Thanks that really helps alot i really appreciate it i mean the reason i wanted to to this bike into a stunt bike was because i got it really cheap lol and well shit man i atleast want to pop one wheelie on it beforei give it to my girlfriend but damn thing would not budge but thank you for the help guys i appreciate it alot good looking out :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by cityboy44
How the Hell do you Preload ? i have a 02 ZX6R and i cant even clutch it up i just got tired of trying all it does is kick when i clutch it but the tire never goes more then a few inches off the ground ? maybe because i am 230lbs? shit i dont know i am used to bouncing wheelies its much eisier but everyone always says to clutch the bike but yeah no success :(
i clutch up my 91 ZX6 just fine. sounds like your RPMs are still too low, try letting the clutch out with more and more RPMs little by little as not to loop her. but i dont stunt. i dont even know why im writing this...

·
Registered
171 Posts
I dont recommend clutching at all. It destroys your clutch and you arent in control at all. I recommend bouncing it up. Try 2nd gears. A lot more stable and less touchy. I can pull it up in second on my 03 without a hitch, and NO CLUTCH! I usually do it sitting, but if you are standing, you can pull it up at a slower speed than when sitting.

--Nate

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.