Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna take my bike to the track soon. before I do I'm going to change out the bodywork for track plastics. My question is, are there any type of wiring or tip over sensors I need to be worried about when removing bodywork and lights. Will the engine run with the lights all unplugged? On my 600rr it was easier to have a second harness. Or will it just be a simple swap with no problems?

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I dont know about the lights but i will recommend flushing the coolant out of your bike and replacing it with watter wetter. Saftey wire you oil filter to a part of the frame. And have a good time and run at your own pace.

·
Registered
8,191 Posts
Just remove your headlights and tail lights, bolt on the race glass and saftey wire the oil cap and oil pan bolt, some organization might not require it, some do. Dont worry about the tip over sensor and the bike will run without lights. Other then that you are good to go for track day, when you get into expert or racing then you will need the full safty wire gig.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Yeah just unplug the lights the only thing you have to worry about is the tipover sensor on the ramair fairing bracket, and unless you change to an aftermarket it wont be a problem (aftermarket bracket)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I've been to the trakc many times, just not familiar with the internals of the 05 yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.