Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What do you guys think about this price? I'm in Florida if that matters.

Red 2009 Ninja 250 with 12,924 miles for $2500. Runs perfect, has one small scratch but other than that it looks perfect.

I have cash, so I could probably talk him down to $2300 or so.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
if he kept up with maintenance its all good imo

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think I should look for a bike with lower miles than that? Is 12,924 considered a lot for a Ninja 250?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Although different areas will command different pricing. About 2 hours out of the city was a a 2009 with 1200 miles for 2800.

·
Registered
20 Posts
You could get a better deal, but it's not bad. In California I see 2004-2009 Ninja 250s with less than 5k miles go for 2000$ regularly. 12k miles isn't a lot, but I would definitely make sure he has solid maintenance records. I've seen ninjas with mileage in the 100s of thousands, it's all about maintenance.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
you can look for a low mileage one. but im pretty sure the 250 is pretty much bulletproof.

just that looking for other bikes can/is a hassle and annoyance

·
Registered
650 Posts
Normal deal. Up to you if you want to keep searching to find a gem deal. You can find lower mileage, though lower mileage doesn't necessarily mean better condition. Get a feel for the owner and more importantly, maintenance records. Someone who has their stuff organized and has kept everything is likely to be a legit seller and not out to screw you. This isn't always the case obviously.

I have 4500 miles on my bike now and will probably sell it toward the end of the riding season or at the beginning of next riding season. It will probably eclipse the 10/12,000 mile mark. I like to believe I will be able to sell it for over $2200, and I will.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The price is pretty good for a 2009, but the mileage sucks. It's not that 13,000 miles is super high mileage, but you're not viewing this deal in a vacuum. There are other 250's for sale with way less miles, and how much of a price difference? $300?

I wouldn't buy it, but that's just me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Since this is what I am in the market for also. I agree. Could get a little less mileage. But I am seeing more for 3k and above. If its clean and maybe some aftermarket goodies... I wouldnt hesitate :) GOOD LUCK!

·
Premium Member
3,828 Posts
my bike has 12k miles and runs strong like a bull.. not bad but not a solid bargain , 2300 is probably a good deal but not out of this world good.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You could get a better deal, but it's not bad. In California I see 2004-2009 Ninja 250s with less than 5k miles go for 2000$ regularly. 12k miles isn't a lot, but I would definitely make sure he has solid maintenance records. I've seen ninjas with mileage in the 100s of thousands, it's all about maintenance.
$2k for 08+ ?? I doubt that. Maybe once in a while but not regularly. Especially during this time of the year.

But I agree with most of the replies. Price is good at 2.3k Mileage is decent. There are better deals though

·
Registered
29 Posts
I JUST picked up my bike for $2900. It's an 08, Kawi green, with 13,5k miles on it. Came with a ton of goodies installed (leds, alarm, risers, clip ons, exhaust, etc.) as well as new tires on the side. I think I got a decent deal, cuz the dude seemed clean and the bike was suuuuper clean.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am a newbie here, I would like to try my luck to sell my bike here. It's an 08 250R (red) with 5900 miles on it. its a clean and clear title. its bone stock. maintenance up to date. dropped once by the previous owner. so there are damages to the left fairings. the right hand side is clean. I have babied it since I got it. mechanically wise, its good. Just the cosmetic part that is not in good shape. Shoot me an email at [email protected] If you are interested in it. Thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry to bump again, but I didn't end up buying the one I mentioned before. I think it was sold fairly quickly because the ad was gone within a day or two.

I found another one though.

-2008 Ninja 250 with 7,300 miles
-Original owner
-Very well maintained - needs nothing
-Stage 2 jet kit
-Danmoto carbon fiber exhaust
-Zero Gravity windscreen
-15 tooth front gear
-Fender eliminator

How much would you guys pay?

Thanks.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Sorry to bump again, but I didn't end up buying the one I mentioned before. I think it was sold fairly quickly because the ad was gone within a day or two.

I found another one though.

-2008 Ninja 250 with 7,300 miles
-Original owner
-Very well maintained - needs nothing
-Stage 2 jet kit
-Danmoto carbon fiber exhaust
-Zero Gravity windscreen
-15 tooth front gear
-Fender eliminator

How much would you guys pay?

Thanks.
At this time of year, it's worth around $3000.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i bought my 09 250r Special Edition for $2900 with 6,800 miles on it.

The one you mentioned, in Nor Cali, would sell for about $3500.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I paid $1700 for my 07. It had 9k on it and she had recently had the carbs cleaned and all fluids changed and new tires

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2009 with 26k miles for $2000? Doesn't seem like a good deal to me because of the high mileage :/

·
Registered
140 Posts
2009 with 26k miles for $2000? Doesn't seem like a good deal to me because of the high mileage :/
Kawis will run foreveeerrrrrr if treated right. Larryj is riding his zx6 with somewhere around 50k on it and claims it'll still go another 100k. Because he takes care of his stuff. Don't let mileage turn you away from a bike ness scarily. If you find a good price on a bike with 25k that's been well maintained then I would go for it my friend.
Just remember though that bikes will be higher priced this time of year as its the beginning of riding season so everyone and their mom wants a ride. You can still find good deal though if your not impatient. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Alright, I think I found a decent deal that I actually might be able to go and take a look at.

• 2008 Ninja 250
  • 5,440 miles
  • New tires and brakes
  • Two Brothers Exhaust
  • Garage kept
$3,000

What do you guys think?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts