Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I thought I was getting a good deal on my 04 with 76 miles on it for $1900. Wife bought it, dropped it once and walked away. New battery already in. Wouldn't run right, figured it just had crap in the tank and jets.
$550 later at the Kawi store they recommended I replace the carb. for another $800. I'm riding it the way it is- it's still not right.
Lesson learned: Never buy a used bike that's not running exactly the way you want it to.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The seller said he's a motorcycle mechanic, so I'm hoping he maintained the bike well. He also said he'd allow a test ride, so I'm definitely going to try to make sure everything is okay with it. I might be able to talk him down to $2800 since I'm showing up with thirty hundred dollar bills.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A couple months ago I bought an 09 SE, 2,400 miles, driveway dropped on both sides, nothing to bad, some touch up paint has made it virtually unoticeable. I paid $3,500, I've seen a couple of slightly better deals but nothing that made me kick myself. It's summer, selection is low and prices are high. Also with the weaker dollar bringing on the new higher sticker price, OTD on a new one is now well into mid $4,000's. You can expect very high $2,000's and the very low end of the spectrum (and that's a steal) and mid to high mid $3,000's at the top end of the spectrum for any Ninja 250 that is 08+. I'd hate to be the guy selling a nice 07 right now, it's a virtual promise he won't get out of the $2,000's for his.

·
Registered
650 Posts
My bike had some right side damage when I bought it, but the fairing had been replaced so most of the damage was covered already. Was just missing the Ninja sticker and had some scuffs on the stock exhaust (which I removed anyway), the rear brake pedal and front brake lever.

It's a 2010 and had 2400 miles on it and was only ridden one riding season (last year). I bought it in January of this year for $2500 at a dealership (tax incl).

Have not had any issues yet. At 5000 miles now.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just bought my 08 250r with 4,000 miles for 3 grand. The only mod to the bike was a Two Brothers Exhaust. And this was in New Jersey. You could probably find a better deal.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I just bought my 08 250r with 4,000 miles for 3 grand. The only mod to the bike was a Two Brothers Exhaust. And this was in New Jersey. You could probably find a better deal.
It doesn't seem like there any better deals out there as of now. I've been looking every few hours for weeks not just locally, but in the entire state of Florida. It seems like the normal price for a good condition 08+ with low miles is $2800-$3200.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I should probably jump on this '09 I found with 12,000 miles then. Well if the bike checks out. She is asking $1,200. Im only showing up with a grand. Sorry for bringing up an old thread

·
Registered
11 Posts
What do you guys think about this price? I'm in Florida if that matters.

Red 2009 Ninja 250 with 12,924 Nox Vidmate VLC miles for $2500. Runs perfect, has one small scratch but other than that it looks perfect.

I have cash, so I could probably talk him down to $2300 or so.

Thanks.
just that looking for other bikes can/is a hassle and annoyance

21 - 30 of 30 Posts