Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! In the market for a used 250 Ninja, right now I am looking at a 2008 with a little over 7,000 miles. It has been dropped once and has some rash, other than that seems to be in decent shape.

Tires look decent, probably another few thousand on them. It looks like at 7,500 there is a major service, so I am taking that into account as well.

Anyway, what do you think the value of this bike would be?

Thanks,
Brandon

·
Registered
448 Posts
The 7,500 mile service is usually a couple hundred at a dealer so I wouldn't let that be a major driver.

Low retail on nada guides is around $2,100 and average is $2,800.

Depending on the damage to the bike and the shape I would probably say around $2,200 would be a good price. All depends on the extent of the damage and assuming the bike is mechanically sound.

I would look and see what similar bikes are selling for on sites like craigslist and ebay. Hard to tell without knowing the damage.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
325 Posts
Also depends on the area. I know 250's are all over craigslist by me with people just trying to get a little bit of cash for them. I'm not sure I'd pay more than 2k.

·
Registered
448 Posts
That is a fair point. You might be able to get a good price also because the season is winding down for most people so they're looking to sell before winter.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also looking for a used ninja 250r, but all of the prices I'm seeing look pretty high. I'm in the valley (So Cal) so maybe that's why the prices are still high?

I'm a first timer so I have no idea as to what good deals are supposed to look like :(

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Go to nada.com and type in your zip code.

Also look at eBay and Craig's List.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Prices vary wildly depending upon what area you are in, the market in Southern louisisna is ripe with good deals on $2000 08+ slightly abused ninja 250s. In florida/miami area you cant get one for less than $2500. in california you will have trouble sourcing one for less than $2400. <$2000 deals are out there, it just takes a little looking and the willingness to make a 3 hour trip to go pick that good deal up. There are several $2k deals on ebay a month, but you might have to pay for shipping ($300-$500) depending where its located. I have found nada and kbb to be little help with pricing these bikes. the market fluctuates too much for them to be accurate. I have bought several great condition bikes for $1700-$2200. keep looking! and try www.adhuntr.com to search for listings all over the US. some of the links are bad on that site, but it is a great resource!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts